Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Calling ?

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Disco Calling ?

Been getting calls on my cell, it says : "Potential Spam call ", then under that, says : Discover Card" !

I've answered, and each time I do , nobody nor does any robo speak up, kinda weird and I'm about ready to block them !
Any idea(s) who or what/why this is going on ?

* Data points
I've had the Discover It for about a yr. SL was $1,000.00, 2 auto CLI's. Never have ask for one myself. Have no baddies on my report ( clean ), nothing at all...and right at 700 across the board on FICO scores..
FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disco Calling ?

Could be IT callingSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I guess... better IT.. than " ET ", huh ?😲
Whichever " it ".. is, they can't talk/speak !
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If in doubt as I do I block the # if no one answer/speaks after the first try on all #'s.  If they need me bad enough in future they can reach out to me through another number or mail.  99.9% of time it is BS spam calls

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i think i'd rather talk to ET than IT, may even sleep better at nightSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get the SPAM DIsco calls but get SPAM Disco e-mails and I contacted Discover. They told me reaching out is unusual. Generally they will request that you contact them for security reasons (came from a CSR - not security). When in doubt call the number on the back of the Disco Card and they have access to any attempts to reach you and/or security heads up.
Message 6 of 13
shoegal
Valued Contributor

They did the same thing to me and finally yesterday they left a voicemail. They wanted me to signup to autopay.

Message 7 of 13
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

For the past few days now ( since I posted about this, here) I've just been clicking on the accept, on my phone, not saying anything either !

They still don't offer up anything, robo or human.

TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 8 of 13
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Hardship dept asking for you to sign up for autopay probably. They are usually the ones who call out. 

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just reply DEEZ....
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.