Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Amex Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discontinued Amex Cards

Heads up to anyone who has any of the IN: cards (IN:LA, IN:Chicago, IN:NYC), as well as the Knot or the Nest cards from Amex.  Word is that these cards have been discontinued, and it appears that Amex is converting existing cards to Blue.

Just FYI.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discontinued Amex Cards

Any word on why?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Any word on why?

Lack of interest, I suppose.  I haven't seen any official announcement, though, so that's just speculation on my part.

Message 3 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How often do we see posts about any of these cards? Hardly ever!
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "IN" cards are area specific so you only get the promos if you shop in those cities. My buddy got an IN:NYC Amex but he is a resident in California, hmmm... maybe that's why he got FR'd a month after getting the card.
They pre-approved him in the mail and he BT close to the CL upon receiving the card.
Message 5 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Solarjuju wrote:
The "IN" cards are area specific so you only get the promos if you shop in those cities. My buddy got an IN:NYC Amex but he is a resident in California, hmmm... maybe that's why he got FR'd a month after getting the card.
They pre-approved him in the mail and he BT close to the CL upon receiving the card.

The sentence I highlighted is more than likely the reason Amex requested a FR.

Message Edited by fused on 08-01-2008 11:39 AM
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:

Agreed, fused!  And I'm sure it's no coincidence that the ones we never hear about are the ones being discontinued. lol

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solarjuju wrote:

Well, just a technicality, and a moot point by now (lol), but the IN: cards used to give points no matter where you shopped, but you could only redeem those points at specific merchants in the respective cities.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 03:23 PM
Message 8 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

Agreed, fused! And I'm sure it's no coincidence that the ones we never hear about are the ones being discontinued. lol

I agree. Plus, from what I read the rewards on the IN cards seemed pretty bad...
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The sentence I highlighted is more than likely the reason Amex requested a FR.

Message Edited by fused on 08-01-2008 11:39 AM

Thant was what I told my friend also. I also told him to join MyFico so that he can watch and learn... like me hehehe Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.