Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Amex Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discontinued Amex Cards

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I agree. Plus, from what I read the rewards on the IN cards seemed pretty bad...

Yeah, I considered getting an IN:NYC card for about ten seconds.  I changed my mind when I looked through the list of places you could redeem your points and was familiar with only one or two of them.  Bah.

Message 11 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I agree. Plus, from what I read the rewards on the IN cards seemed pretty bad...

Yeah, I considered getting an IN:NYC card for about ten seconds. I changed my mind when I looked through the list of places you could redeem your points and was familiar with only one or two of them. Bah.

Hmm. If you live there and think the card they developed for people who live there is bad, then that's pretty bad.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Hmm. If you live there and think the card they developed for people who live there is bad, then that's pretty bad.

Well, in fairness, it's a matter of lifestyle, too.  People who spend more time in Manhattan hotspots than I do probably would have found the rewards pretty good.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The perk I was excited about was the Club Planet membership but it discontinued. They're were a few other NYC spots I could have enjoyed. I mean, I don't even know if Amex Plat can get you a table at Per Se for the night, so the perks are somewhat limited, I imagine.

On the other hand, I really hope I'm not converted to Blue. I just converted my Blue to a Clear and don't want or need another blue. I may ask them to combine my previous credit lines under the Clear and apply for a charge card.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a notice in the mail today that my Amex inNYC card has, in fact, been discontinued and as of November, it will be converted to Blue. In fact, the old account number will no longer work. So if I want to keep my card after a certain point, I'll have to use the new Blue.

I may ask them to just transfer the CL over to my clear and open a Gold Charge Card. Any other recommendations for someone who has the Clear? I don't really *need* any more revolving credit, so I wouldn't want an inq for that, and I'd like to have a product with Membership Rewards.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

d09 wrote:
I received a notice in the mail today that my Amex inNYC card has, in fact, been discontinued and as of November, it will be converted to Blue. In fact, the old account number will no longer work. So if I want to keep my card after a certain point, I'll have to use the new Blue.

I may ask them to just transfer the CL over to my clear and open a Gold Charge Card. Any other recommendations for someone who has the Clear? I don't really *need* any more revolving credit, so I wouldn't want an inq for that, and I'd like to have a product with Membership Rewards.

If the MR are worth the AF on a Gold Charge card, why not just keep the Blue pay the $40 rewards fee to have its rewards program upgraded from MR Express to standard MR?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.