Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 0% APR Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 0% APR Denied

My 18 months promo of 0% ended this month, and contacted Discover to have it extended. Chat rep mentioned they do not have any 0% promo going on right now. Anyone else got denied recently (in past few 3-4 weeks)?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover 0% APR Denied

@Anonymous wrote:

My 18 months promo of 0% ended this month, and contacted Discover to have it extended. Chat rep mentioned they do not have any 0% promo going on right now. Anyone else got denied recently (in past few 3-4 weeks)?

Not as far as 0%, but anytime I ask for an APR reduction I get it (but I only ask every 6 months ish)...usually they present two offers: one for 0% and one for a permanent lower APR.

I will note though that before my Double Cash app I had asked Discover if I could have 0% for awhile and was told no but that was likely because my permanent APR had recently been lowered.

Message 2 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, with all due respect, the 0% intro promo is designed to attract new customers, not subsidize existing customer indefinitely.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, with all due respect, the 0% intro promo is designed to attract new customers, not subsidize existing customer indefinitely.

However my experience has been that it's been on my card for two years as an offer consistently. It used to be with an expiration date of today or tomorrow. Now the expiration date is weeks out. But it's always been available. 

Message 4 of 8
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I check my offers for BT's and I have a 0% promo a lot of the times with Discover. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My 0% APR expired this month and when i contacted discover if there were any promotional APR offers , they said no . Basically i was looking for either the 0% APR offer or the permanent APR reduction offer , but none of them was available. The representative mentioned that these are promotional APR offers and will be available only during certain times and i need to call them often to check if the offer is available in my account . This sounds strange as many people here are reporting that the offers are always available to them when ever they call . So not sure if either discover has changed the policy for the offer available duration or there is something in our acount that the discover does not like .

Thanks .

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in about a month ago looking to see if they could offer me an APR reduction/provide 0% for 12 months. I was told that Discover doesn't provide APR reductions during the first 12 months of having the card and was advised to call back when I reached that point. I do have 0% BT for 12 months offer on my card now though.

Message 7 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Ive had the card since 2011 and asked for 0% last month, and they gave it to me for 12 months
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.