cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 0% for a year offer after 3 years?

tag
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Discover 0% for a year offer after 3 years?

I logged into the app on my iPhone and there was an offer which asked if I wanted 0% apr for a year of 3% for 18 months. I had to click by 6/31/15. I've had the card for almost 3 years and have never seen this. Is this something cards do every now and then? After that it goes back to 22.9 which is easily the highest of my major cards.

edit: never mind. I searched AFTER I posted this and saw somewhat similar stories.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 0% for a year offer after 3 years?

@EvilR-T wrote:

I logged into the app on my iPhone and there was an offer which asked if I wanted 0% apr for a year of 3% for 18 months. I had to click by 6/31/15. I've had the card for almost 3 years and have never seen this. Is this something cards do every now and then? After that it goes back to 22.9 which is easily the highest of my major cards.

Yes.

We've been offered 0% for 18mos or 4.99% for 36 months before. Not lately though.... Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

Absolutely. Especially Discover and BOA. I always get bt offers from them.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the offer as well. My card is just < 2 yrs old

Message 4 of 31
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I WANT them to offer me 0% APR for 18 months! Logging in now to check, LOL!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

I WANT them to offer me 0% APR for 18 months! Logging in now to check, LOL!!!

I constantly have an offer for 0% for 12mos as it stands with 3% BT Fee.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 4.99% for 24+ with 0 BT fee again.

Message 6 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Yeah they probably do it because everybody is using other cards because THEY WON'T RAISE OUR LIMITS.

I know i know, everybody is reporting of increases of around 1K of recent, but come on, they really need to up my limit lol. I just got the new Philadelphia Flyers design on my IT card and really want to use it to its max. I guess I'm just being stubborn, but I am allowed to since the market is so saturated with cards.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a 0% offer continually for a couple years. Up to now, that's all I've used Discover for. Since one of the reasons denying my last cli was something about not using it to purchase stuff, I'm going to start using it some. (Even though I dislike using cards with 0% on them)
Message 8 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

they also offer 0% BT a lot.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes they throw this out there if people want an APR reduction and they can't do it at that time, too.

Discover is so funny but I kinda love them for it. They're generally conservative unless they're not, they're generally difficult to get in with unless they're not, and they randomly send out gift cards and extra bonus cash back (someone's getting like 3% everyday, 7% bonus categories right now IIRC).

Looking forward to a very long and loving relationship with them Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.