Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $100 GC

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover $100 GC

@shane1978 wrote:

I never knew discover gave out random gift cards.

Maybe it was not so random and Discover issued her the 100$ gift card  from her own cash back balance ?

Message 31 of 40
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@shane1978 wrote:

I never knew discover gave out random gift cards.

Maybe it was not so random and Discover issued her the 100$ gift card  from her own cash back balance ?

Nope

Message 32 of 40
shane1978
Contributor

Someone earlier mentioned Starbucks giftcards, I'll definitely take them...lol.

Message 33 of 40
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Dear Discover,

Can I at least get a $5 Starbucks gift card please? Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 40
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I still have that Starbucks GC somewhere on top of my fridge.
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
I still have that Starbucks GC somewhere on top of my fridge.

Well send it to me if you don't want it. Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 40
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They've sent me a  couple $5 Starbucks gift cards over the past year. It's a really nice gesture on their part that makes them feel a bit more personal and appreciative than some other lenders. $5 isn't much but it's more than any other lender gave me "just because". I really like Discover. They seem to be more personal and humanlike about many things.

An $100 gift card for no reason sounds a bit strange though. Are you sure it wasn't just a cashback bonus redemption or something?

Message 37 of 40
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

That has to be a cash back redemption. Discover may be "nice" but lenders arnt in business to give out free money. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 38 of 40
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Don't know what to say guys about your disbelief. All I can tell you is what I've seen and what she told me. I have access to all her accounts because I was the one who put her onto credit and I also paid her bills.

Her Discover card is maxed and it's been that way for months. Since it's maxed, she cannot put purchases on it to gain cashback. She basically pays the minimum and leaves it alone. The months when her account was in better standing, and gaining cashback, she immediately reedeemed it so there's no way it accumulated. 

Also, wouldn't cashback arrive in the form of a check? Why would it say "promo"?

My sister says it's her faith and that she prayed. Smiley LOL

dec.PNG

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

Don't know what to say guys about your disbelief. All I can tell you is what I've seen and what she told me. I have access to all her accounts because I was the one who put her onto credit and I also paid her bills.

Her Discover card is maxed and it's been that way for months. Since it's maxed, she cannot put purchases on it to gain cashback. She basically pays the minimum and leaves it alone. The months when her account was in better standing, and gaining cashback, she immediately reedeemed it so there's no way it accumulated. 

Also, wouldn't cashback arrive in the form of a check? Why would it say "promo"?

My sister says it's her faith and that she prayed. Smiley LOL

dec.PNG

Maybe it's an advance on her CB Bonus. Smiley Wink

Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.