Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2% CB promotion

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: Discover 2% CB promotion

It wasn't offered to me but I wonder if it's because I'm already enrolled in a special promo for 2% at Texaco/Chevron in March?   

Or I just don't qualify period LOL...

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 11 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Does the shopdiscover stack with fatwallet?
Do I have to click on that link, or just pay online using my discover card and I qualify?

Thanks!

You have to click through ShopDiscover and then pay with your Discover card.  Any other discounts negate the cashback.

They say that other discounts make you ineligible for the extra cash back, but in my experience that is generally not the case.

I use ShopDiscover a lot on usually I have have some other coupon or discount codes to use. Only once has using a coupon code resulted in earning nothing extra from ShopDiscover. That one time was purchasing a Keuring cofffee maker from Office Depot.

Just last week, I made a $50 purchase online from Carson's Department store (which is in ShopDiscover), I had 2 coupon codes that they had mailed me (each for $5 off of $20), then I found a coupon code online for 25% off, and then there was a coupon code for free shipping. Carson's website accepted all of these discounts on that one purchase and I still earned $1.62 cash back from ShopDiscover.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 12 of 14
lithium78
Established Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Does the shopdiscover stack with fatwallet?
Do I have to click on that link, or just pay online using my discover card and I qualify?

Thanks!

You have to click through ShopDiscover and then pay with your Discover card.  Any other discounts negate the cashback.

They say that other discounts make you ineligible for the extra cash back, but in my experience that is generally not the case.

I use ShopDiscover a lot on usually I have have some other coupon or discount codes to use. Only once has using a coupon code resulted in earning nothing extra from ShopDiscover. That one time was purchasing a Keuring cofffee maker from Office Depot.

Just last week, I made a $50 purchase online from Carson's Department store (which is in ShopDiscover), I had 2 coupon codes that they had mailed me (each for $5 off of $20), then I found a coupon code online for 25% off, and then there was a coupon code for free shipping. Carson's website accepted all of these discounts on that one purchase and I still earned $1.62 cash back from ShopDiscover.

I've accidentally used discount codes on stuff a couple of times and each time it negated the cashback, so maybe you just got lucky.  You can, however, use discount codes that are linked directly to the ShopDiscover page for the retailer, which I used to get a fantastic deal on a new laptop from Dell.  I saved a TON of money that way.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
lithium78
Established Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I think they offer these promotions only to folks that aren't using their cards.  I've normally received them, but I didn't get it the past two times.  Oh well, my Freedom will be used instead.  I'm glad I finally aquired that card.

I don't think that's true because I use my Discover a lot and I get promotions all the time.  I don't know how they select customers for them.  Do you PIF?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.