cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% Amazon - Marketplace sellers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 5% Amazon - Marketplace sellers?

Anyone know if the 5% cashback with Discover (July-Dec) applies only for items where Amazon is the seller or for all items on Amazon.com (including marketplace sellers)?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover 5% Amazon - Marketplace sellers?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know if the 5% cashback with Discover (July-Dec) applies only for items where Amazon is the seller or for all items on Amazon.com (including marketplace sellers)?

yes

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes?

Message 3 of 11
onstar
Established Contributor

In the past, it was 5% for all transactions made on Amazon.com. Marketplace included.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 4 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Always check the terms:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals and Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com's marketplace.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement just posted for August and I made purchases directly from Amazon as well as from marketplace seller and my cash back for the month seems to add up to exactly 5% for the Amazon purchases but not the marketplace purchases. The funny thing is I don't think I even got 1% for the marketplace purchases, I'll have to double check my math. Anyone see anything similar this month?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

just buy gift cards

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait I may have found the problem...this is the first month I have had a statement balance with discover (the statement balance just happened to be exactly the amount of the marketplace purchases). Does discover not give the cash back until the bill has been paid and I'll get the 5% for the outstanding purchases on my next statement plus whatever purchases and payment I make during that period?
Message 8 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wait I may have found the problem...this is the first month I have had a statement balance with discover (the statement balance just happened to be exactly the amount of the marketplace purchases). Does discover not give the cash back until the bill has been paid and I'll get the 5% for the outstanding purchases on my next statement plus whatever purchases and payment I make during that period?

Discover gives the full cashback with the first statement after the purchase is completed. They do not wait for you to pay.

They are definitely giving 5% on Amazon Marketplace purchases. I'm sure because I've had a bunch of them and received proper cashback. Contact a Discover CSR is you're not getting full credit. They're very good at resolving things like this.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I figured, I just hadn't come across it before...it doesn't look like they are categorizing it incorrectly it just looks like I didn't get cashback for it period. The purchase I'm missing posted the same day as my statement date so maybe The cashback will post next statement. I'll just wait and see, it was only a $10 purchase so I'm not too concerned about it, I just happened to notice it. Thanks for the info
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.