Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% cash back in IKEA?

tag
jackff
Established Member

Discover 5% cash back in IKEA?

Discover has 5% cash back in home improvement stores this quarter and I can see IKEA on the store list. However, according to IKEA's website:

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_AA/customer_service/ikea_services/payment.html

They only accept Visa and MC. Then how can Discover list IKEA in the 5% store list?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 5% cash back in IKEA?

Isn't that the site for Ikea Australia?

Message 2 of 9
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

The IKEA near me takes Discover, no problem.

Message 4 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

They only list Visa/MC but my nearest Ikea took my American Express last time I shopped there. So i really don't know what is up with them.

Message 5 of 9
jackff
Established Member

@thelethargicage wrote:

Isn't that the site for Ikea Australia?

Woops! My apologies. Thank you so much.

Message 6 of 9
jackff
Established Member

@thelethargicage wrote:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/customerservices/faq#faqAnswers1-11

I am sorry I don't why Google gave me this as the first result by searching "IKEA payment options".

Message 7 of 9
duyen28262
Valued Member

I went to IKEA last week and used the Discover IT for the...

I went to IKEA last week and used the Discover IT for the 5% cash back. This is IKEA in Charlotte, NC. No problem at checkout.

However, I made 2 purchases, one at the food center ($21.xx), and one at regular checkout ($220.xx). Both purchases are coded "Merchandise" and are clear in my account, but only the first purchase has a mark "You're signed up to get 5% Cashback Bonus at Home Improvement Stores & More, April through June on up to $1,500 in purchases" underneath it. 

FICO TU 656 (Barclays 07/15/14) - FICO EQ 650 (DCU 07/25/14) - ? FICO EX ?
 photo 9ed69652-dfc4-4961-b6ba-f0cf0ae5d607.png
BBT Visa Signature $7,000
Message 8 of 9
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: I went to IKEA last week and used the Discover IT for the...

@duyen28262 wrote:

I went to IKEA last week and used the Discover IT for the 5% cash back. This is IKEA in Charlotte, NC. No problem at checkout.

However, I made 2 purchases, one at the food center ($21.xx), and one at regular checkout ($220.xx). Both purchases are coded "Merchandise" and are clear in my account, but only the first purchase has a mark "You're signed up to get 5% Cashback Bonus at Home Improvement Stores & More, April through June on up to $1,500 in purchases" underneath it. 

It's possible you got the 5% for both, however my experience with Discovers online system has been that they only flag whats in red on the most recent transaction that qualified. So if you swiped 3 different times at the checkout at IKEA for stuff, it would only show it once.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.