Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% cashback bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 5% cashback bonus?

hi all

Does the discover it secured get the 5% cashback bonus? I dont see it mentioned anywhere when i log in to the card site.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 5% cashback bonus?

The secured card is 2% for gas and restaurants, 1% everything else.  They also state they will double all cash back rewards at the end of the first year.  I looked into this card for my son.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The secured card is 2% for gas and restaurants, 1% everything else.  They also state they will double all cash back rewards at the end of the first year.  I looked into this card for my son.

I googled Discover It Secured and this site came up in the search: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/secured/

As mimsof4 said above, 2% gas & restaurants, 1% everything else up to $1,000/quarter with double cash back and free fico, APR 23.24%

Edit: sorry! didn't answer your question! https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/discoverdeals.html states "All credit cards" receive Discover Deals which is an online portal to sites like Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, B&N, Gap, etc. which are usually 5%+ cash back

Not sure if you meant Discover deals or the quarterly 5% reward categories?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The quarterly 5% reward categories, so we dont recieve that with the secured version of discover it. Only 2%

Message 4 of 10
gibeon
Established Contributor

If you want the 5% deals you can call and ask the very friendly US based customer service folks to make your secured Chrome into a secured It (non-chrome).

If approved, the switch will happen at the next closing.

This has worked for some, but back when the secured was a counter offer and not able to be applied for directly.

Good luck!
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, i thought thats what i had. The Discover It secured card.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the regular discover it also come with the double your cash back promotion at the end of the first year aside from the Quarterly 5% categories.

Message 7 of 10
gibeon
Established Contributor

It comes with the double cash back.

If you're not sure the CSRs are really super helpful, even online chat, and are more than happy to tell you all about your particular card.

If it is an It Chrome (2% with no 5% categories) or an IT (1% everywhere, 5% on select categories every quarter), if and how long your double-cadh-bavk promo is good for, etc.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the regular discover it also come with the double your cash back promotion at the end of the first year aside from the Quarterly 5% categories.

My secured has the 5% cashback categories along with the end of year doublecash back promotion. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke with csr and they said they can begin the conversion to the regualr it after my first billing cycle. Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.