Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

Didn't see it posted yet here on the forums, but any other Discover holders get this offer as well? It's good up to $1000 worth of purchases for the months of October and November.

You have your choice of a few stores, like Applebees, Lowe's, Olive Garden, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and Shell. I personally picked Shell because I don't even know where the nearest Walgreen's is near my new apartment (it's all CVS and Rite-Aid near me), but there's a very reasonably priced Shell next to work! Also not much of a gift card purchaser...so I'll take an extra two months worth of gas plus all online purchases and select department stores.

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

Thanks for the info. I just signed up for this, but I chose lowe's because I'm about to go buy some stuff from there. =] 

Message 2 of 37
Valued Member

Sweet!  Thanks for posting I had not seen this.

TU 757 (04/30)
Message 3 of 37
Jahmakan
Valued Member

Nice! Thanks for the information.  I did not notice.  I wonder though... if you sign up for this offer (let's say I chose Lowes as my store), is this combinable/stackable with the 5% cashback promo for online shopping for October through January to make it 10% if I bought something from Lowes online during the promo period?  

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! thanks for the info! i picked shell as well, since.... i could always use 5% cashback on gas Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 37
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Jahmakan wrote:

Nice! Thanks for the information.  I did not notice.  I wonder though... if you sign up for this offer (let's say I chose Lowes as my store), is this combinable/stackable with the 5% cashback promo for online shopping for October through January to make it 10% if I bought something from Lowes online during the promo period?  

Good question! I would think not, but lemme do a chat and see what they say.

I know the rotating categories and the discover deals/mall is stackable, but two 5% categories that happen to overlap may not. Especially since, theoretically, you could ALSO stack the discover deals on top and wind up with 10%+.

Update: I talked with a rep who said she would be very happy to check for me, although off the top of her head she believed it would be one or the other. When she came back, she said that you will receive both offers.

So, you can receive 10% back if you purchase through the online site for that particular category (so anything through Shell.com, Lowes.com, etc). Some of these categories may even have a Discover Deals portal, meaning you can stack even more!

Guess I may actually buy some Shell gift cards XD $100 off of $1000 worth of gasoline sounds good to me.

Message 6 of 37
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Awesome I chose Walgreens.  I saw a water jet for my teeth and an alectric toothbrush I like. I can also stock up on crest whitening strips and some body exfoliators.

Message 7 of 37
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Where do I find this deal?
Message 8 of 37
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Nevermind this is a new system that they may come out with next year. Only a selected few got this deal and although I give a lot of business to Discover i wasn't one of the random selected ones. I guess that's why its "random". Oh well.
Message 9 of 37
amakol
Regular Contributor

What's your spending profile on this card? I'm curious because I seem to never qualify for these Discover specials.

First I used to use the card as my primary and then in a regular rotation, so I thought these offers were to get people who weren't spending much on their Discover. After 6 months of effectively not using Discover, still nothing.

Maybe I'm just not their target customer. Do appreciate them regularly SP CLI'ing me every few months though.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.