Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

My DW with a 500 Discover IT student got the offer. I had my card at 1000 regular card and didn't get it.

She was approved with a few months at 0% APR, I was approved with 3.X% APR. No credit history when we applied. She was approved 1 month before me.

She chose Shell.

Well, at least I was able to get my card to 2500 with the luv button Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 37
jeff318

I copied the link from DW's account and was able to sign up in mine.

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/rewards/app/offer?page=5_percent_CustomLP

Message 32 of 37
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

I didn't get the offer Smiley Sad

But no big deal. I've only been using my Discover to pay for dental work.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 33 of 37
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I have the offer available to me. I'm considering signing up for Walgreens to get some Amazon cards since I do the majority of my shopping there. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Message 34 of 37
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I got the offer. I just wanted to remind everyone that Lowes sells gift cards to tons of other stores including Shell. Only downside is that they are only in the store. So it's just 5%.

Message 35 of 37
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Didn't see it posted yet here on the forums, but any other Discover holders get this offer as well? It's good up to $1000 worth of purchases for the months of October and November.

You have your choice of a few stores, like Applebees, Lowe's, Olive Garden, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and Shell. I personally picked Shell because I don't even know where the nearest Walgreen's is near my new apartment (it's all CVS and Rite-Aid near me), but there's a very reasonably priced Shell next to work! Also not much of a gift card purchaser...so I'll take an extra two months worth of gas plus all online purchases and select department stores.

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Thanks I chose Applebees!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Didn't see it posted yet here on the forums, but any other Discover holders get this offer as well? It's good up to $1000 worth of purchases for the months of October and November.

You have your choice of a few stores, like Applebees, Lowe's, Olive Garden, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and Shell. I personally picked Shell because I don't even know where the nearest Walgreen's is near my new apartment (it's all CVS and Rite-Aid near me), but there's a very reasonably priced Shell next to work! Also not much of a gift card purchaser...so I'll take an extra two months worth of gas plus all online purchases and select department stores.

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Thanks I chose Applebees!

30% off  Macy's using Discover Mall (check out code: SUPER for additional 15%) EXPIRES NOVEMBER 22

30% off JcPenny using either Chase or Discover mall (checkout code: SHOPNOW for additional 20%) EXPIRES NOVEMBER 22

20% off SaksFifthAvenue using Discover Mall EXPIRES DECEMBER 31 

21% off Neiman Marcus using Chase Mall (sign up as new subscriber at neimanmarcus.com for additional 10%) EXPIRES 12/31/14

be sure check back black friday and cyber monday for even more savings.

If you just signed up with Chase Freedom $200 cash back bonus

when you spend $500 that's 70% off at JcPenny and 61% off at Neiman Marcus

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.