Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

@bonehead88 wrote:

What's your spending profile on this card? I'm curious because I seem to never qualify for these Discover specials.

First I used to use the card as my primary and then in a regular rotation, so I thought these offers were to get people who weren't spending much on their Discover. After 6 months of effectively not using Discover, still nothing.

Maybe I'm just not their target customer. Do appreciate them regularly SP CLI'ing me every few months though.

I'd much rather take the auto credit increase than special deal.  I only got auto credit increase once, and haven't any since then.

Message 11 of 37
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

I haven't used my card in 6 months and got this deal... Chose Walgreens!
Message 12 of 37
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

I didn't get it Smiley Sad

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 13 of 37
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

What's your spending profile on this card? I'm curious because I seem to never qualify for these Discover specials.

First I used to use the card as my primary and then in a regular rotation, so I thought these offers were to get people who weren't spending much on their Discover. After 6 months of effectively not using Discover, still nothing.

Maybe I'm just not their target customer. Do appreciate them regularly SP CLI'ing me every few months though.

Opened the card April 2014.

1st statement: $73.51 reported.

2nd statement: $0 reported, but made $2592.98 worth of purchases and PIF before due date.

3rd statement: $26 reported. Redeemed for $140 = $150 worth of Shell gift cards, left with approx $30-something in rewards.
4th statement: $0 reported, no purchases

5th statement: $10.10 reported, $11.10 worth of purchases - $1 Discover Deal.

No auto CLI yet, nor have I requested one. Online form requires me to enter a slew of information plus gives the "we may pull your credit" spiel so I didn't bite. Phone prompts at the 90 day mark also did not offer a CLI option.

Hope that helps!

Message 14 of 37
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I also logged in today and saw this deal.  I have a balance transfer on this card, so it's been sock drawered and paid monthly since last year.  Go figure.  I'm still probably not going to redeem the offer, because I don't want to incur any interest on purchases while I'm still paying down my balance xfer.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 15 of 37
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

I got the deal the other day (chose Olive Garden only because it is the only one I 'might' use).

I used my card only for gas the past 3 months.  I put about $150 per month and pay in full.  Before that is was pretty much in the sock drawer.  With this deal the card will at least stay in my wallet so Discover did accomplish something. 

Message 16 of 37
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up and I chose Shell!

Message 17 of 37
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Applebee's! It is our indulgent chain restaurant, we go quite a bit, actually. Can I buy gift cards for Applebee's on ShopDiscover and get additional cash back? I tried loading their page, but we are traveling and the internet at this hotel is a throw back to the dial up era. 

Message 18 of 37
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Saw this! May put Lowe's on it as my sister could use to get 5% CB on her fridge she may have to buy.
Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy .............i saw it and signed for it Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.