Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 5% "You Choose" Oct-Nov

@barbaralee wrote:

Applebee's! It is our indulgent chain restaurant, we go quite a bit, actually. Can I buy gift cards for Applebee's on ShopDiscover and get additional cash back? I tried loading their page, but we are traveling and the internet at this hotel is a throw back to the dial up era. 

I believe it does work!

You can go through ShopDiscover as long as it's through applebees.com. Then you'll not only receive the ShopDiscover portal deal, but the 5% from applebees.com and 5% for online purchases!

Message 21 of 37
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

They didnt offer me the deal.  Sounds like a good one though!

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 22 of 37
taxi818
Super Contributor

I went to the site. Logged in. I can't find this deal anywhere. 

Message 23 of 37
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I'm surprised I got the offer.  I chose Shell, since I usually gas up there.  Nice to have another couple months 5% CB on gas.  Walgreens was tempting.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 24 of 37
flawesome
Contributor

I didn't recieve an emaiol or anything but when I logged into my acount the %5 Cash Back section- where the quarterly signups are, had a new deal to sign up for sadwitched in between this quarter and next quarter. I certainly wouldn't have noticed if it weren for this board. Thanks Smiley Happy

It's too bad I don't visit any of those options.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 25 of 37
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Didn't see it posted yet here on the forums, but any other Discover holders get this offer as well? It's good up to $1000 worth of purchases for the months of October and November.

You have your choice of a few stores, like Applebees, Lowe's, Olive Garden, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and Shell. I personally picked Shell because I don't even know where the nearest Walgreen's is near my new apartment (it's all CVS and Rite-Aid near me), but there's a very reasonably priced Shell next to work! Also not much of a gift card purchaser...so I'll take an extra two months worth of gas plus all online purchases and select department stores.

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Where? I don't see it 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 26 of 37
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

I choose Lowe's but haven't received the confirmation email. I still have the option to choose....

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 27 of 37
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I suspect those with a 'prime' Discover are more likely to get offers like this than 'near-prime' (baddies at time of approval). It COULD also be a combination of that with a decreased spending pattern or non-use.

Message 28 of 37
C6Guy
Established Member

Honestly, I think that's exactly it. I had a FICO in the 680's they said they pulled a 660 (so right off that bat I knew they use a different scoring model) they then didn't give me any 0% financing just a 2K starting limit. Needless to say I just use them for the cash back gas and paid in full. I'm done with Discover.
Message 29 of 37
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up OP, I chose Lowes.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.