cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover $500 Extra Cashback Bonus offer?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Discover $500 Extra Cashback Bonus offer?

Received an email about this offer for my discover more.

Just use Discover for $3,000 each calendar month from January 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013—and pick up an extra $500 Cashback Bonus!**

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Discover $500 Extra Cashback Bonus offer?

Is that an offer for new card memebers? 

Definetly can be worth it if you spend that much a month anyway. 

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 7

Likely it's a targeted offer.  If you normally spend that much money each month anyway, I say go for it!

I've received some offers for my Discover More recently, but nothing quite as nice as yours.  Mine are more like a 25% discount at Banana Republic or a $50 credit for buying $300 worth of gas at Chevron over the next 3 months.  Stuff like that.

Message 3 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

this was posted on here a few weeks ago. 

but could you really dedicate 3000 in spending a  month just too discover for that many months straight. (if you miss one its void) 

i know i cant. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 7
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Pretty sure that it is a targeted offer as I have seen a few other members post about having been offered something similar.

The offer itself is pretty enticing -$500 cash back on 18k  of spending works out to a 2.77% return. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that 2.77% would be on top of the cashback earned from the 1% and 5% rotating categories (which would push the total % cash back to something closer to 4%).

The only drawbacks ( aside from the fact that 3k is a fairly large amount for most people to run through one card fir six consecutive months) I can think of are the. 25 on the first 3k and the $1500 caps on the bonus categories each quarter, but the 2.77% more than makes up for those limitations.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

18k to spend wowwww......its a lot of money to spend to get $500 cash back

Take me 2 3 years to spend that much lol wish they have that offer for 2 3 years period.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this offer last October 2012 and mine was to spend $3000 from November to March. At least it's only 5 months, instead of 6. But yes, it's is really tough to spend that much especially if your expenses are way below that. Also, there are a lot of establishments that don't accept Discover, so you still have to use other cards for other spendings.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.