tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover APR Reduction

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

No, they do not HP for that. Only SP. You can ask every 6 months. I'm surprised they didn't give you an immediate decision in the chat. 

Wish i'd known this one before -- Will they do it along with a CLI same time?

Nobody ever tells you these things until you actually go looking for them! lol.

Doesn't matter when you do it... just so long as it's 6 months from the last time that you've asked. I place it on my computer calendar. I've gotten down to 10.99 which they claim is the lowest I can get. I then ask for 0% promo period and they will either give it or counter with a 1.9% promo period for 6 months. Doesn't matter either way, as I try never to carry a balance on Discover. 

I've got a $3,000 BT on the Discover right now of which 1/3rd is paid so far. Have until july to pay it.

How long have you had your Discover? Ever asked for an APR reduction? They can and will change the regular purchase APR if you ask (they'll check with SP to see if you're able to get lower APR or promo periods.)

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR Reduction

@Kenny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

No, they do not HP for that. Only SP. You can ask every 6 months. I'm surprised they didn't give you an immediate decision in the chat. 

Wish i'd known this one before -- Will they do it along with a CLI same time?

Nobody ever tells you these things until you actually go looking for them! lol.

Doesn't matter when you do it... just so long as it's 6 months from the last time that you've asked. I place it on my computer calendar. I've gotten down to 10.99 which they claim is the lowest I can get. I then ask for 0% promo period and they will either give it or counter with a 1.9% promo period for 6 months. Doesn't matter either way, as I try never to carry a balance on Discover. 

I've got a $3,000 BT on the Discover right now of which 1/3rd is paid so far. Have until july to pay it.

How long have you had your Discover? Ever asked for an APR reduction? They can and will change the regular purchase APR if you ask (they'll check with SP to see if you're able to get lower APR or promo periods.)

Yes. Wife started out at 18.99% and got reduction to 16.24% when they offered us 0% for a year in July over the phone as well.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.