Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Discover APR Reduction

I don't usually pay much attention to my Discover Miles statement because I don't usually carry a balance - but when I received my statement this month, I found that my APR was 17.99% - their website lists the APR of the Miles card between 10.99 and 15.99%.

I called to ask why my APR was higher than the advertised range.  You get through to a real person within a minute - gotta love that about Discover!  The rep on the phone sai that he understood my concern and asked what he could do to keep me happy.  I asked if he could drop my rate within the publicized range.  He said he would... and also offered to give me a 3% rate on all new purchases for the next 6 or so months!  I don't expect that I'll need it, but it sure made me feel appreciated by Discover. 

My Discover limit is not as high as my other limits... but this made me feel like giving them more of my business!  They said that they wanted to be my "go-to" card...

Just wanted to share a positive c/c story!  Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Re: Discover APR Reduction

CongratsSmiley Very Happy Similiar situation:I did not ask for this but I noticed on my account that my Apr for purchases dropped from 12.99% to 9.99%  I inquired did it drop because of the prime rate and I was told they did a review of my account and decided to lower it. Also, just the other day they gave me 0% on all purchases until my statement date of Novemeber 2011

Valued Contributor

Re: Discover APR Reduction

If I end up sticking with Discover through November when my 9 month 0% runs out, I hope to have them lower my 15.99 to 11.99.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Double Cash World MC - $15k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $25k/10.24% | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $39.5k/11.99%

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.