Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduction approval

tag
iowe
Regular Contributor

Discover APR reduction approval

Discover was the first lender to give me a chance when my scores were tanked about four years ago. They gave me an unsecured $500 limit card at 23.99% and I was ecstatic about it at the time. I have walked the credit line up to $7200 in small increments of a few hundred at a time since then. I can’t seem to get a big cli with them but I can baby step it up over time. Yesterday I signed in to the Disco website and found the chat button. I simply asked if an apr reduction was possible for me and the rep offered me 19.24%, which I gladly accepted. It is still my highest apr card because I’m in with NFCU but it does give me a little hope that I now have the apr in the teens.

My Discover TU scorecard is 756, which is the same as what myfico shows.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover APR reduction approval

Nice jobSmiley Happy Well deservedSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
iowe
Regular Contributor

Thank you aj.

*side data point just for comparison - My wife’s only cc is a Discover that she has had opened for about 12 years now. Her credit scores have been right at or above 800 for most of her adult life. Her apr on the Disco card has always been 17.99%, and her CL is currently 13,900.00 on it.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 3 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

You can try again in 6 months... And id go and use the... Are there any offers avalible on my account line with chat support... =)

Might get a temp apr offer, a 0% for 12mo on new purchases offer... or another perm offer... tend to knock it down by 2-3 pts each go.... 

Rinse and repeat =)

-J

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Has your wife tried to lower her apr? With that many years id think theyd cut her a breakSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! The lower the APR, the better!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.