Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduction/promotion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover APR reduction/promotion

I have had a discover card for 13 months and received several CLI's that brought the card from 1K to 8.6K.  Today they offered me 3.99% for 12 months on new purchases starting today or a permanent APR reduction to 18.49 variable (it's currently 23.24%).  I took the 3.99% that can be reviewed after a year as well.  I normally don't carry a balance but it's nice to have anyway.  I  just received a BCE with a small CL and moved the large limit from my eveyday card to the new card and closed the everday.  The BCE has 0% interest for 14 months with a 16.5K limit.  I already received the $150 sign-up bonus they offered me along with a 13.24 APR after the promo period.  I've never tried a CLI with AMEX.  I have 4 other cards, one of which is a small limit Freedom (Chase doesn't like giving me CLI's so I don't even try with those hard pulls) but I use it for dining this quarter (I do a lot of that).  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR reduction/promotion

Congrats on your successes!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice! I never had one of those promotions from them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your credit line increases and your APR promotions!

I hear you about Chase, though. Between them and Bank of America, they're both horrible, but of course too big to fail, so they'll continue treating their customers like they don't care about them. If they don't give you a CLI, drop them. Personally, after five years, I got sick of their inability to do anything for the customer... Like CLI's and APR decreases--Maybe the bank executives will grow up a little once half their customers are gone . 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.