Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduction...

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Discover APR reduction...

I've had my Discover since 1991.  APR is 12.99%.  Not the greatest, but it could be a lot worse.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

MarineVietVet is doing it right at apr 9.99%. Did you whittle it down over time or was that an issue apr? Any amount more than apr 10% is just wrong! To PIF is good but some times life gets in the way. You just never know.

Message 22 of 28
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

MarineVietVet is doing it right at apr 9.99%. Did you whittle it down over time or was that an issue apr? Any amount more than apr 10% is just wrong! To PIF is good but some times life gets in the way. You just never know.

It's been higher than that but I can't recall the exact amount. I never asked for an APR reduction. For some reason they reduced it on their own.

But it did go from a fixed rate to a variable rate.

Message 23 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Even my Cap One is at 9.50% fixed

Message 24 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

3.99% for the first 6 months then it goes to 22.9%.  That's okay though because they will never get a penny of interest from me.  PIF every month.  Smiley LOL

Same here. coming up on 6 months next month so no more carrying a balance! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I called Discover this to ask about a rate redution.

My current APR was 19.99%. They lowered **bleep** to 16.24%.

Just wondering if this si a good rate for Discover? What kind of rates do  other forum mmbers have?

MIne is at 9.99%. (Why don't they just make it an even 10%????) 

LOL - the same game as they play with gasoline... $3.4999999999 sounds much better than $3.50! Makes me think I am getting a deal...  Smiley Happy

Very true!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 28
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Ray,

With the card line-up you have and some of the great APR'S I'm sure that come with them, you probably wouldn't have a hard time getting DISCOVER to compete.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Ray,

With the card line-up you have and some of the great APR'S I'm sure that come with them, you probably wouldn't have a hard time getting DISCOVER to compete.

I agree, and if they don't just use for the categories and nothing else.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.