Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduction!

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Discover APR reduction!

So I decided to chat with Discover today about my APR, I just asked what I needed to do in order to lower it.  She came back and said she'd be happy to lower it from 22.99% to 18.3%, Its still a bit high, but certainly better than 22.99%.  I thanked her and she said come back again in 3 months and they'll reduce it again.  Discover sure wants me to use their card, and I'm more than happy to do that!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR reduction!

Nice! Feels good to move up in the world of credit. Congrats!
Message 2 of 22
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

So I decided to chat with Discover today about my APR, I just asked what I needed to do in order to lower it.  She came back and said she'd be happy to lower it from 22.99% to 18.3%, Its still a bit high, but certainly better than 22.99%.  I thanked her and she said come back again in 3 months and they'll reduce it again.  Discover sure wants me to use their card, and I'm more than happy to do that!

Very nice, congrats!

I'm waiting until next month when my 0% APR offer expires to ask. Fingers crossed for similar results. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Very nice, congrats!

I'm waiting until next month when my 0% APR offer expires to ask. Fingers crossed for similar results. Smiley Happy

Thanks Wanderer, it sure does.  This is all very new to me!

And Irisa I hear you there, I just noticed my account has an offer for 0% for 12 months on balance transfers...might move my last two account balances to Discover and use it exclusively (been enjoying the categories).  Good luck with your reduction request next month!   And thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 22
rogersave
Regular Contributor

just chatted with discover, they lowered my apr from 22.99 to 17.99  it took 2 minutes!

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 5 of 22
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

just chatted with discover, they lowered my apr from 22.99 to 17.99  it took 2 minutes!

Thats awesome, took me about that long too!  Well worth it!

Message 6 of 22
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Congrats on your APR reduction Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 22
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thank you Wade, I was happy, had the card 3 months went from 1k to 2k and dropped APR almost 5%...feels kinda good!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I just logged on to my discover account just to check what my apr from my most recent statement was. It was 3.99% i think that is part of their intro apr when i applied last year. I couldn't find anywhere where it says how long that intro apr lasts for. On my amex and chase i remember it saying their intro aprs lasted until january 2015. I am kind of curious to find out where i could find out when my intro apr expires. I have an feeling its going to skyrocket to 22.99 %. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 22
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I just logged on to my discover account just to check what my apr from my most recent statement was. It was 3.99% i think that is part of their intro apr when i applied last year. I couldn't find anywhere where it says how long that intro apr lasts for. On my amex and chase i remember it saying their intro aprs lasted until january 2015. I am kind of curious to find out where i could find out when my intro apr expires. I have an feeling its going to skyrocket to 22.99 %. 

mongstradamus, I'd hop on their online chat real quick and ask when/if the 3.99% ends and what your APR will be afterwards.  Good luck and let us know!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.