Discover APR reduction

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover APR reduction

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
how long did have you had your discover? Is it an annual thing? My card will be a yr in february, and wonder if its even worth it for me to ask.

You can ask now Pizza!  And, if nothing is available, then ask in Jan or Feb.  Some accounts can qualify for a lower APR in less than 12 months but it also depends on the account's history and all that jazz.

just cheched, and my acct isnt eligible right now. Said it needs to be a year old first, which will be in February.  Ill try back then, no biggie...

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

just cheched, and my acct isnt eligible right now. Said it needs to be a year old first, which will be in February.  Ill try back then, no biggie...

Are you out of the intro APR period yet?  I don't think they allow reductions until after the intro has ended (so it doesn't interfere with the promo).

Congrats OP on the reduction!  How long did you wait after your first reduction to ask again, or is this the first time you've requested it?

Message 12 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Are you out of the intro APR period yet?  I don't think they allow reductions until after the intro has ended (so it doesn't interfere with the promo).

Congrats OP on the reduction!  How long did you wait after your first reduction to ask again, or is this the first time you've requested it?

oh, I never got an intro period on my card, lol...Im lucky I was even approved to begin with, HA!!  I PIF everything so it doesnt even effect me, but still like to ask. Ill try back in February when my card turns 1 yr old.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 16
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

6 months between reductions!

Message 14 of 16
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

IME, once my account was over a year old, Discover got really generous, with both CLIs and APR reductions (this is actually my second APRD)

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NIce!  Always good to see things go lower, well not all things but interest rates for sure.Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.