Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Discover APR reduction...

[ Edited ]

I called Discover this to ask about a rate reduction.

My current APR was 19.99%. They lowered it to 16.24%.

Just wondering if this is a good rate for Discover? What kind of rates do  other forum members have?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover APR reduction...

Mine is 19.99 and I would be happy with what you got.  I bet you got your card sometime in the last 16 months? 

People who got their cards before the crunch I bet have lower rates Discover wish they could get rid of.  Accounts opened more recently seem to be at rates closer to ours, I think.

Valued Contributor

Scuba wrote:

Mine is 19.99 and I would be happy with what you got.  I bet you got your card sometime in the last 16 months? 

People who got their cards before the crunch I bet have lower rates Discover wish they could get rid of.  Accounts opened more recently seem to be at rates closer to ours, I think.

Yes, it is just at 18 months now...

Ray

Super Contributor

When I was in a DMP program,  Discover was the only CCC who wouldn't reduce my APR.  Even BofA did that for me.  LOL I wouldn't even get the Sams branded Discover card.

09/10/2016 FICO: EQ: 797 EX:788 TU:795
Established Contributor

i dont have a DISCOVER card YET, its on my list of cards to get lol but they have sent me 2 pre-approved offers for the discover more card wth a specific 14.99% APR. it kind of threw me off at first b/c i get pre-approval offers alot but DISCOVER is the only one who has ever sent me a pre-approval specific APR.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

I just got my Discover card and it is 14.99% for APR.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Established Member

I have a 16.99% variable APR on my Discover More which is 4.5 years old but I PIF. I believe I started out with some kind of promotional rate that was less than that until the credit crunch.

FICO: Ex 782(AMEX)
Cards: Amex BCE(2500), Discover(2500), Target (500)
App'd Amex & Target Jul 2012, Gardening til 2013 or beyond
Goals: Visa or MC Rewards Card after first home (2014-2015)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

She offered me 3.9% for a year but I declined that telling her I never carry a balance.

The lower rate is fine and learning of the 14.99% here gives me a goal to achieve!

Ray

Super Contributor

Mine is at 19.99 too, i assume there was no HP or SP to get the APR lowered?

Frequent Contributor

Every 6 months you can call in and they offer a choice between a low 0%-3% promo rate for 6 mo or a permanent APR reduction.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.