Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduction.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover APR reduction.

I've had the card about 15 months now and i've requested a few times a APR reduction but always told no.  this morning i requested via chat to have my APR reduced and it was successful.  i was told i had 2 options on the account. one of the offers was 0% for 12 months or the other option which i decided to take was a offer to take 18.76% which is an  4.73% permanent reduction.  if i feel like i need the 0% i can always try again and see if the offer is there but i'm happier with a overall APR being lower than a temporary one.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR reduction.

Congrats! YMMV but I have heard that you can ask for one every 6 months

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your APR reduction!!!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work on the APR reduction
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great Apr reduction! There will be other offers for 0% for 12 months and so on but permanent Apr reductions are harder to score. Glad you "struck while the fire was hot"!
Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! YMMV but I have heard that you can ask for one every 6 months

+1

Exactly what Discover reps said to me time and again.

I always opted every 6 months for the permanent APR reduction as opposed to the temporary 0% for the simple reason that the Prime rate will auto-climb as we get into the Federal Rate hikes for one, and another is that they ALWAYS will ask you the choice you prefer anyway and a longer term gradual reduction is more efficient for some than the opposite.

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for the kind comments.  i really did want a permenent reduction vs temporary. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I plan on asking for a reduction when my 0% is over

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.