Regular Contributor
remarc

Discover AU benefits?

I've had discover for 7 months now. 2 months ago my wife also got a discover card. Her limit cl is $2000 mine is only $1000.

I was added as a AU. now is this s good idea? Is it worth doing this or will it hurt my Average age of credit? Which currently stands at 1 year tho I've had credit for 3 years. I had also recently added Walmart & amazon 4 months ago.

I was hoping it would help me with a Cli but recently when I requested a Cli they said it would be a hard pull.

Any benefit keeping me on the account as a AU or is it doing more damage than good. ??

Do u think removing will bump my average credit age ??

Advice please.

On a side note. All my cards are due for a CLI past my six months but all want hard pulls. Discover. Chase & citi. Current uti is 22% & debt to income is 7%

Should I want till ever is down super low or bite the bullet. My scores have dropped 20 points across the board because of the recently added cards.

Cheers
Regular Contributor
remarc

Re: Discover AU benefits?

Btw. Forgot to add. My discover is reporting to the credit agency and my scores run. TU 670. EX. 656. EQ. 654
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

what your plan ? why you wanna add as a authorize ? ..........i dont see anything positive if you add on her card because her card is only a few months old......i mean if you goal get some high limit card then i would suggest get some GE card..........they give a very good credit limit......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Regular Contributor
remarc

I have Walmart & amazon. Both run $1200 Cli but I just reached my 4 month mark. So I will be asking for a limit increase.

I added myself to her card as I thought it might help discover bump my limit from $1000 to $2000

I should remove it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+