Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Apple Pay Broken?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Apple Pay Broken?

Does Apple Pay work at McDonald's drive-thru?

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Apple Pay work at McDonald's drive-thru?

Probably but I wouldn't use it there if they're still doing that card reader on a stick thing; that just seems like a massive inconvenience.

Message 32 of 34
newhis
Valued Contributor

@DrForce wrote:

How are you all buying gas at Chevron with Apple Pay? Are there NFC terminals outside or are you going inside to prepay? My Chevrons don't have NFC terminals outside.

I have to go inside and prepay. Not all Chevron use Apple Pay. You can get a list online at Texaco, select Apple Pay option.

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having the same issue as described above. Have to touch ID twice and TAP TWICE to complete a purchase, even though the phone shows "done" after the initial tap.

A more serious problem is the transaction having gone through on the phone, with the terminal still waiting for payment. I ended up paying twice for the same purchase. This has happened to me a few times with both of my discover cards at different walgreens locations. I don't know if the pending auth will fall off or not after 10 days. I had the walgreens manager talk to discover over the phone and explain the situation, but discover insisted on requiring a "merchant ID" to remove the duplicate charge. Nobody at the store knew what it was.

I've always hated apple and their products, because they always gave me crap. If not for the discover promo, I would never have bought an iphone or used apple pay. Pain in the ass. You guys probably know how often touch id fails, due to slight variation in grip style and in region of contact of fingertip. One day I trimmed my nails and skins and the recorded figerprints immediately became useless, altuough I try to let it scan my entire thumb and even record more than one entry for a single thumb.

There is a guy on youtube who drove through mcdonalds and had the cashier pull out the terminal for him to tap the phone. So it actually could work, for those wondering....

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.