cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Application... What does this mean?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover Application... What does this mean?

I applied last week, they pulled TU on the 14th according to my Credit Secure, well just got an update e-mail from credit secure and they pulled EQ on the 15th.  Why would they pull a second report a day later if they were going to deny the application? But I really didn't think I had a chance at all in getting it, I was kind of thinking I might get offered the Household Bank one or something.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Application... What does this mean?

Maybe Discover is wanting to compare your reports before making a decision.  Credit reports are not always consistent among all three reports since the information isn't shared.  Cap One is the only bank that I've heard who pulls all three reports
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCU pulled hard on Experian and soft on Equifax for me.

Message 3 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They pulled a second CBR because the first pull raised an eyebrow. If you are denied be sure to recon.
Message 4 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I applied last week, they pulled TU on the 14th according to my Credit Secure, well just got an update e-mail from credit secure and they pulled EQ on the 15th.  Why would they pull a second report a day later if they were going to deny the application? But I really didn't think I had a chance at all in getting it, I was kind of thinking I might get offered the Household Bank one or something.

Hi Creditaddict...they pulled both TU and EQ for me as well.

Message 5 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

One more reason to have a freeze on those reports.  When I apped for my Discover More card, they were only able to pull EQ. 
Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Denied for BK... so why the F would you pull a second report... thanks a lot Discover.

the lady I spoke to was rude and didn't know what she was talking about regarding several points about credit reports and obtaining a free copy because of denial.

Discover also didn't report to me that they even pulled a second report, I thought by law they have to state to you all reports pulled?

Message 7 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Denied for BK... so why the F would you pull a second report... thanks a lot Discover.

the lady I spoke to was rude and didn't know what she was talking about regarding several points about credit reports and obtaining a free copy because of denial.

Discover also didn't report to me that they even pulled a second report, I thought by law they have to state to you all reports pulled?

I don't think so, just the one the based the denial on.

P.S. It was just brought to my attention that this was my 4000th post!  cwcid

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 11-19-2009 10:37 PM
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

For whatever its worth according to Score Watch, it shows Discover pulled my Equifax scores twice in the same day when i apped awhile ago.
Message 9 of 13
hemi961
Regular Contributor

On 2 occasions in the past few months I have had Equifax pulled twice per application.  When I called about it both banks told me that the first pull provided no information so they pulled it again the next day.  I called Equifax both times and they deleted one inquiry from each application, agreeing that there had to be something wrong for the same bank to pull the same report 2 days in a row.  I've never had that issue with EX or TU.   
Message Edited by hemi961 on 11-19-2009 06:37 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.