Reply
Frequent Contributor
USC08
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎06-27-2008
0

Discover Application

Has anyone applied recently for a Discover card lately? If so, which card?

Scores?

Util%? (are they sensitive to high util?)

Baddies?

AAOA?

INQ?

Any idea what CB they pull in California?

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2
Posts: 421
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
0

Re: Discover Application

 



Util%? (are they sensitive to high util?)

 


 

I was recently declined because I accidentally let $2,800 in balances report.  On $15,000 worth of credit lines.  

 

The lady on the phone essentially called me a dead beat and said that I was way too high of a risk with those "exceptionally high debts on my cards."

 

I was shocked, since when did $2,800 become an "exceptional" debt.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,135
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Discover Application


jthedges wrote:

 



Util%? (are they sensitive to high util?)

 


 

I was recently declined because I accidentally let $2,800 in balances report.  On $15,000 worth of credit lines.  

 

The lady on the phone essentially called me a dead beat and said that I was way too high of a risk with those "exceptionally high debts on my cards."

 

I was shocked, since when did $2,800 become an "exceptional" debt.


Discover has become worse then Amex when it comes to revolving balances.  They have CLD our business account 3 times now and think 1 on my moms personal

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2
Posts: 421
Registered: ‎07-21-2010
0

Re: Discover Application

 


Creditaddict wrote:

jthedges wrote:

 



Util%? (are they sensitive to high util?)

 


 

I was recently declined because I accidentally let $2,800 in balances report.  On $15,000 worth of credit lines.  

 

The lady on the phone essentially called me a dead beat and said that I was way too high of a risk with those "exceptionally high debts on my cards."

 

I was shocked, since when did $2,800 become an "exceptional" debt.


Discover has become worse then Amex when it comes to revolving balances.  They have CLD our business account 3 times now and think 1 on my moms personal


I am pretty much done trying to get a Discover card again.  I had one 3 years ago, and it was nice and all, but not an "exceptional" card.  So far I love my new Amex, so I might be sticking with them.  

 

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Regular Contributor
idmd
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
0

Re: Discover Application

Applied this AM online and was instantly approved for $7K. CSR said something weird like, "you've been approved for $7K CL. Will that meet your credit needs?"

 

I said sure. 

 

App'd Discover More. I have mid 700 scores, no baddies, etc, probably 3 or 4 new inquires. 

Established Contributor
gbishere
Posts: 736
Registered: ‎07-07-2010
0

Re: Discover Application

nice! Were you chatting with her the textbox chat or through the phone?

 

 

__________________________
01/11/2011: FICO:TU: 746
12/14/2010: FICO:EQ: 744
08/12/2011: FICO:EXP: 766
Contributor
shiftomnimega
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎08-24-2010
0

Re: Discover Application

I applied last week and after answering security questions I was approved for $2500. Pretty cool considering I was denied for Citi Forward a month or so ago.


Scores?

dont't know I imagine between 680 to 720 judging from some of the FAKOs.


Util%? (are they sensitive to high util?)

<10%; not sure if they are sensitive


Baddies?

1 paid collections account


AAOA?

38 months; oldest account 7 years old


INQ?

3 on EX


Any idea what CB they pull in California?

no


Established Contributor
KingAdrock
Posts: 656
Registered: ‎07-17-2007
0

Re: Discover Application

 


USC08 wrote:

Any idea what CB they pull in California?


I'm in Cali, they pulled TU for me.

 

Regular Contributor
idmd
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
0

Re: Discover Application

 


gbishere wrote:

nice! Were you chatting with her the textbox chat or through the phone?

 

 


 

I had to call to verify my identity.
Established Contributor
wollepopolle
Posts: 545
Registered: ‎09-12-2010
0

Re: Discover Application

I got a Discover More a month ago.Approved for a CL of $3500

Credit: low 760ish

AAoA: 3 years 1 month

No bad accounts, never late


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+