Did you mean: 

Discover Approval 'Caveats'?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Approval 'Caveats'?

+1

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 13
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@daveg38 wrote:

I will be at 87% when 1-1-13 hits...Oldest account is 9.6 years, AAoA is at 2.

EQ is showing only Cap1 AR softs, Chase soft and some irrelevant product softs (Triple Advantage, myFico, etc.)...

Wonder if an explanation of my high UTIL to recon dept. would render anything...FICO showing 571 on here...I saw on Credit Pulls database someone get a Discover More with -620.

The bolded is exactly why you were declined. Fix the util. and your FICO will go up, knock 2 birds out with 1 stone.

+1 

I beleive at this point you will just be wasting an hp.  A score that low coupled with high util does not put you in a position for them to offer you credit.  I'm sorry about your situation with Sandy, I know this has to be some very trying times for you.  I wish you the best.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 13
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

I jockey back and forth between here and Credit Pulls Database and see how people get approved for Discover Cards.  This is what I've ascertained:

*Semi-recent baddies are ok

*Older 30 Day lates are ok

*Limited history is doable

*Scores can dip as low as 620's (FICO)

...but

High utilization, no baddies, no lates and 2 years AAoA gets no love.  Maybe I'm lost somewhere, but wouldn't baddies throw higher red flags than someone aggressively using credit (yet paying down frequently)?

Help me to understand Discover logic and if applying with above (higher utilization yet nothing bad) would fly or not.

I dunno...I have two lates from last year and my baddies are paid and over 2 years old, one is gone in 2014...But my util was probably 3% at the time. Of course they called and asked me questions before approving me. But I would think that somone might have learned from their past mistakes and it shows by having a history of paying on time and keeping balances down

I dont care what your scores are and whats on your reports...No way would i give a person a line of credit when it looks like they are struggling to pay off their currents debts on paper

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.