Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approval Chances

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Discover Approval Chances

I've been declined by Discover twice,the first which resulted in me getting the HSBC as a rebuilder almost 2yrs ago,and wanted to see what my chances are of getting approved. Currently my TU is 690, AAoA=4yrs, oldest acc=15yrs, most recent late payment=4yrs. 4mnths, 2 paid collections($125,$663)w/ the most recent being 3yrs. 9mnths, 38% utilities , and 4 inq's. I'm still waiting to have an AMEX report that is backdated 15yrs. and even though I PIF by before the due date,got stuck w/a $635 balance reporting(yikes!)-for the statement period my high balance was $1800,so I hope that it will look like I'm @ 30% on my new AMEX- I want to do a balance transfer as well for maybe 4-6k. Also,should I close the HSBC before I app? I want to get approved the 3rd time!Smiley Wink

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Approval Chances

I would wait until your utilization is down to closer to 15% or below.

Discover can be very picky.

I have a similar FICO score, no collections, and less inquiries, and it was tough to even get the $1,000 limit I got.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.