Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approval

tag
tsu1112
New Contributor

Discover Approval

Hope this gives hope to anyone in need.

Last week I checked for pre approval offers online from Discover and there were none. I then went back and forth whether to cold apply or not and in the end did apply. Well, today I received the card with a $1500 CL with 0.00% intor APR until 07/2012. I am very excited to join the club.

Currently there are a couple of old collections, never paid, on my CR from 2007. Since that time over the last couple of years BOA and Target had closed my credit cards even though paid on time and had 0 balance. I then went the last 2 years with no credit card and had not even applied to one since my last ones were canceled. My score over the last couple of years had gone from about 590 to its current 670 from Equifax, which was reported by Discover in how they approved me. I guess I was approved because I had only one other inq over the last 3 years and that was for a new car I purchased this summer. It seems things are looking up and I look forward to a long standing relationship with Discover.

PS, i think I will wait a year or so and apply with AMEX.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Approval

@tsu1112 wrote:

Hope this gives hope to anyone in need.

Last week I checked for pre approval offers online from Discover and there were none. I then went back and forth whether to cold apply or not and in the end did apply. Well, today I received the card with a $1500 CL with 0.00% intor APR until 07/2012. I am very excited to join the club.

Currently there are a couple of old collections, never paid, on my CR from 2007. Since that time over the last couple of years BOA and Target had closed my credit cards even though paid on time and had 0 balance. I then went the last 2 years with no credit card and had not even applied to one since my last ones were canceled. My score over the last couple of years had gone from about 590 to its current 670 from Equifax, which was reported by Discover in how they approved me. I guess I was approved because I had only one other inq over the last 3 years and that was for a new car I purchased this summer. It seems things are looking up and I look forward to a long standing relationship with Discover.

PS, i think I will wait a year or so and apply with AMEX.

Congrats !!

Message 2 of 4
ontop
Regular Contributor

That was a great success, after 2 years with no credit card. Congrats

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 3 of 4
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I had a similar story, in which I applied a few times over the last few years.  I applied earlier this year and was denied and called for a recon, and they said as long as I had a CO and or collections even if paid, they would decline me.  I asked if there was anything else I could do and he said wait until they fall off.  Fastforward to a few months ago and I was approved with a CO from 2007ish, and it felt greaaaat.

Love the card so far

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.