Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approved!!!

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Discover Approved!!!

I had a thread about applying for a zync being declined, then recon then approve then app for delta gold next day and approved no recon then I apped for discover more and failed the security questions so I had my app cancelled. I applied yesterday, everything was closed. I logged into their site and found a pre-approval offer. I had none when I applied 30 days prior so they must have seen my report and created a pre-approval offer for me. I filled out the app then today they called me. Asked some information and approved me for 3500. I have two credit cards showing on my credit report, orchard 400 and Chase 1200 my amex's aren't reporting yet. I think 3500 is a good limit considering my other revoling line limits and I've never had a Discover card before, have no prime cards on file and have a number of inquiries, 12 I think on my equifax. They pulled EQ and TU and maybe EX but I didn't get a notification.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Approved!!!

@doublespaces wrote:

I had a thread about applying for a zync being declined, then recon then approve then app for delta gold next day and approved no recon then I apped for discover more and failed the security questions so I had my app cancelled. I applied yesterday, everything was closed. I logged into their site and found a pre-approval offer. I had none when I applied 30 days prior so they must have seen my report and created a pre-approval offer for me. I filled out the app then today they called me. Asked some information and approved me for 3500. I have two credit cards showing on my credit report, orchard 400 and Chase 1200 my amex's aren't reporting yet. I think 3500 is a good limit considering my other revoling line limits and I've never had a Discover card before, have no prime cards on file and have a number of inquiries, 12 I think on my equifax. They pulled EQ and TU and maybe EX but I didn't get a notification.

Congrats !

Check their cashback promos for the different months.

Message 2 of 13
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Wow... really decent credit limit... I think you will be happy with the absence of a "peggy" when and if you need to call. Their rewards program is really good and like I said no "peggy".... congrats and use it wisely Smiley Tongue

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 3 of 13
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

Your persistance paid off. Congratulations!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

Congrats!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 13
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

@nuggets321 wrote:

Wow... really decent credit limit... I think you will be happy with the absence of a "peggy" when and if you need to call. Their rewards program is really good and like I said no "peggy".... congrats and use it wisely Smiley Tongue

I am happy with the limit, I have created a username, I probably can't use it until the card comes, right?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 6 of 13
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Give it two or three days and they will be sending you an email when the account has been created. Until then you wont be able to login but you dont have to wait for the card.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Message 7 of 13
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Well executed. Enjoy!

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW CARD!!! Smiley Happy  

Message 9 of 13
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW CARD!!! Smiley Happy  

Thanks... Now that I have a Amex Charge/Credit and a Discover I don't know what other cards I could possibly want? What is my next goal? I'm 26 and the only goal I have is to make more money. I own a house have a beautiful fiance(she likes me for my fico jk) and my credit score is pretty good, but what else do I need it for?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.