Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approved

tag
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Re: Discover Approved

They overnighted my cards, coming tomorrow! Okay, so if you read my earlier posts I app'd for the very similar Chase Freedom April-ish, got rejected tried recon 3 times with no success. I gave it one more chance calling the executive office in IL, explained to analyst I was approved instantly for Discover More, went over my credit history and explained baddies. The analyst told me they would review the APP again and give me an answer in a day or so, taking my cell phone number. What do you guys think? Any chance here?

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 21 of 31
kpresod
Regular Contributor

NICE!!! I like the calling the automated system just to hear it welcoming you lol....I did the same with my cap1 cash rewards green card haha....Congrats!

Message 22 of 31
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Tried the Chase automated system, just says app under review. Can't help to think 4th time the charm?

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 23 of 31
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

Okay so now I'm quite confused, if you look back at what i posted earlier I had a higher interest rate and shorter introductory APR. Now I went back to Discover's website to check the status of my app (just for the fun of it) and the system reports this:

• $1,200.00 Credit Limit
  • 0.00% Intro Purchase APR for 15 months then 10.99%
    Standard Variable Purchase APR

CL is the same but interest rate is definitely listed differently. Any idea why it changed or is it just a computer error

@I had a similar experience yesterday.  I applied and was denied for the 18 months @ 0%, but was offered 3.9% @ 6months and then 22.99%  I decided to accept and then try to get it lower in 6 months.  When I checked status I was approved for $1700 @ 0% for 6 months and 10.99% variable rate.  I have that page saved on my computer and I am going to hold them to that.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar experience with my new Citi Thank You card.  I could of swore that the approval page said I was approved for 15 months at 0% and then 12.99% after that.  Well once I got the card it said 22.99% after that.  With all the apps I did, I do not think I got a leg to stand on, so I write it off as a lesson learned.  Once the 0% is over, I will try to get them to lower the APR, if I fail... off to the sock drawer!  Even my Cap1 has a better interest rate and better rewards Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 31
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I'm so mad at Discover. I don't really understand the reasons for denying me. I will graduate next spring, so what's the point of waiting to get the Student Card?

AMEX seems to be much harder to get.. but in fact they approved me for two cards!

Current Cards:
Message 26 of 31
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

As I was typing my message above I was notified by Discover that my account was set-up, but couldn't find APR or offer.  So I guess I will call them tomorrow and see what's up.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 27 of 31
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@altayar wrote:

I'm so mad at Discover. I don't really understand the reasons for denying me. I will graduate next spring, so what's the point of waiting to get the Student Card?

AMEX seems to be much harder to get.. but in fact they approved me for two cards!

In your case amex is not harder to get.
Message 28 of 31
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

Okay so now I'm quite confused, if you look back at what i posted earlier I had a higher interest rate and shorter introductory APR. Now I went back to Discover's website to check the status of my app (just for the fun of it) and the system reports this:

• $1,200.00 Credit Limit
  • 0.00% Intro Purchase APR for 15 months then 10.99%
    Standard Variable Purchase APR

CL is the same but interest rate is definitely listed differently. Any idea why it changed or is it just a computer error

@I had a similar experience yesterday.  I applied and was denied for the 18 months @ 0%, but was offered 3.9% @ 6months and then 22.99%  I decided to accept and then try to get it lower in 6 months.  When I checked status I was approved for $1700 @ 0% for 6 months and 10.99% variable rate.  I have that page saved on my computer and I am going to hold them to that.

So i checked on the discrepency and they said I actually accepted the 3.9% offer and 22.99% APR.  They couldn't explain why I would get that message about the 0% and 10.99% deal.  I willl just play with the card and see how much they will increase my CL and lower my APR over the next year or so.  I guess I am just happy to get in the door with a prime CC after my BK 6.5 years ago.  I don't have hardly any debt on my credit cards and don't like to use credit much, but I would like Discover to get up to $10K at some point.

Message 29 of 31
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@ElMayimbe wrote:

They overnighted my cards, coming tomorrow! Okay, so if you read my earlier posts I app'd for the very similar Chase Freedom April-ish, got rejected tried recon 3 times with no success. I gave it one more chance calling the executive office in IL, explained to analyst I was approved instantly for Discover More, went over my credit history and explained baddies. The analyst told me they would review the APP again and give me an answer in a day or so, taking my cell phone number. What do you guys think? Any chance here?

Did you request to have your new Discover card overnighted?

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.