Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Authorized User and CRA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Authorized User and CRA's

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'll keep my eye out and fingers crossed....any ideas on how long it takes to report?  She added me on 1/24/12.

Message 21 of 36
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'll keep my eye out and fingers crossed....any ideas on how long it takes to report?  She added me on 1/24/12.

Probably very shortly after the next statement cuts.

Message 22 of 36
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Cap One also reports AU's, and does require SSN--at least when adding an AU online. Hope this helps!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does...thanks!! 

Message 24 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

Do you know if I added my roommate as an AU whether Discover would report the AU to the CRA's? Obviously the address will be the same as mine. 

Message 25 of 36
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Do you know if I added my roommate as an AU whether Discover would report the AU to the CRA's? Obviously the address will be the same as mine. 

My presumption is, yes.  Both my kids were added as AU on several of my cards (Discover, AMEX Clear, Citi Diamond Preferred MC) and now, over a year later, they are showing on their credit reports.  That's been a boon to both of them as they are young (19 and 23) and inexperienced in the ways of credit and are learning the value of responsible management.  My daughter, for example, was able to do a refi on her car to take me off as a co-signer, and her EX pull showed a 728 several months ago!  All she has is the AU additions, and her car loan, to generate her score.  So being an AU has helped her and she was added with only our common address as part of her file (with the exception of the AMEX card, which used DOB to generate a new card for her). 

Message 26 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

@thom02099 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

My presumption is, yes.  Both my kids were added as AU on several of my cards (Discover, AMEX Clear, Citi Diamond Preferred MC) and now, over a year later, they are showing on their credit reports.  That's been a boon to both of them as they are young (19 and 23) and inexperienced in the ways of credit and are learning the value of responsible management.  My daughter, for example, was able to do a refi on her car to take me off as a co-signer, and her EX pull showed a 728 several months ago!  All she has is the AU additions, and her car loan, to generate her score.  So being an AU has helped her and she was added with only our common address as part of her file (with the exception of the AMEX card, which used DOB to generate a new card for her). 

The fact that you and your kids have a family relationship might play a part in this scenario don't you think? I don't have any experience with this; I just wanted to point out a possibility...

Message 27 of 36
HiLine
Blogger

I confirm that shared address is enough for Discover to detect the AU's credit profile.

Message 28 of 36
nymets010
Valued Member

FYI...

I was added to my Grandfathers Discover card back in August. It still hasnt shown up on any of my credit reports yet. We have different addresses but Discover did take my SSN. Everytime we call, we get a different response. Some say it will show, some say no, one laday said it was up to the CRA whether or not they reported it??...I was also added to his BOA card at the same time, and that still hasnt shown yet either. So, going on 4 months since i was added, i am accepting the fact that it probably wont happen. I thought about changing the address on my DL to match his, and sending it to the CRA's to see if that helps it appear. (They do have my SSN so address shouldnt matter). Any thoughts?

Message 29 of 36
Bandguy1995
New Visitor

I was added as an AU to a Discover account on 3/20/13, had my new card in hand by 3/24/13 and notified it was a new Tradeline on equifax on 3/27/13. Never was asked for ss# or dob.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.