New Visitor
macgirl1

Re: Discover Authorized User and CRA's

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'll keep my eye out and fingers crossed....any ideas on how long it takes to report?  She added me on 1/24/12.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

macgirl1 wrote:

Thanks so much for the quick response! I'll keep my eye out and fingers crossed....any ideas on how long it takes to report?  She added me on 1/24/12.

Probably very shortly after the next statement cuts.

Frequent Contributor
atarvuzdar

Cap One also reports AU's, and does require SSN--at least when adding an AU online. Hope this helps!

Current: EQ 673 September2013 / TU 696 September2013 (Walmart)
Start: EQ 584 Feb2012 / TU 629 July2012

Wallet: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5000 / Lowe's $6000 / JCP $3900 / eBay MC $3200 / Barclaycard Rewards $2000 / Walmart $3300 / CapOne NHRC $2000 / CapOne Platinum #1 $2000 / Amazon $1700 / Discover It $1000 / CapOne Platinum #2 (former Orchard) $750 / Amex Zync $500 Autopay
New Visitor
macgirl1

It does...thanks!! 

Blogger
HiLine

Do you know if I added my roommate as an AU whether Discover would report the AU to the CRA's? Obviously the address will be the same as mine. 

Valued Contributor
thom02099

HiLine wrote:

Do you know if I added my roommate as an AU whether Discover would report the AU to the CRA's? Obviously the address will be the same as mine. 

My presumption is, yes.  Both my kids were added as AU on several of my cards (Discover, AMEX Clear, Citi Diamond Preferred MC) and now, over a year later, they are showing on their credit reports.  That's been a boon to both of them as they are young (19 and 23) and inexperienced in the ways of credit and are learning the value of responsible management.  My daughter, for example, was able to do a refi on her car to take me off as a co-signer, and her EX pull showed a 728 several months ago!  All she has is the AU additions, and her car loan, to generate her score.  So being an AU has helped her and she was added with only our common address as part of her file (with the exception of the AMEX card, which used DOB to generate a new card for her). 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
Blogger
HiLine

thom02099 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

My presumption is, yes.  Both my kids were added as AU on several of my cards (Discover, AMEX Clear, Citi Diamond Preferred MC) and now, over a year later, they are showing on their credit reports.  That's been a boon to both of them as they are young (19 and 23) and inexperienced in the ways of credit and are learning the value of responsible management.  My daughter, for example, was able to do a refi on her car to take me off as a co-signer, and her EX pull showed a 728 several months ago!  All she has is the AU additions, and her car loan, to generate her score.  So being an AU has helped her and she was added with only our common address as part of her file (with the exception of the AMEX card, which used DOB to generate a new card for her). 

The fact that you and your kids have a family relationship might play a part in this scenario don't you think? I don't have any experience with this; I just wanted to point out a possibility...

Blogger
HiLine

I confirm that shared address is enough for Discover to detect the AU's credit profile.

Valued Member
nymets010

FYI...

I was added to my Grandfathers Discover card back in August. It still hasnt shown up on any of my credit reports yet. We have different addresses but Discover did take my SSN. Everytime we call, we get a different response. Some say it will show, some say no, one laday said it was up to the CRA whether or not they reported it??...I was also added to his BOA card at the same time, and that still hasnt shown yet either. So, going on 4 months since i was added, i am accepting the fact that it probably wont happen. I thought about changing the address on my DL to match his, and sending it to the CRA's to see if that helps it appear. (They do have my SSN so address shouldnt matter). Any thoughts?

New Visitor
Bandguy1995

I was added as an AU to a Discover account on 3/20/13, had my new card in hand by 3/24/13 and notified it was a new Tradeline on equifax on 3/27/13. Never was asked for ss# or dob.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}