Contributor
x9j4j

Discover Auto CLI

Hello Ficonians,

I have had my Discover Open Road Student Card for about 3 months now. Started with $500 (I know, but still better than nothing,) today I login to their website and my limit was increased to $750. My question is, do they normally do this every 3 months?????

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Discover Auto CLI

x9j4j wrote:

Hello Ficonians,

I have had my Discover Open Road Student Card for about 3 months now. Started with $500 (I know, but still better than nothing,) today I login to their website and my limit was increased to $750. My question is, do they normally do this every 3 months?????

LOL.  I love the Ficonian name!!   Yes they give CLIs every three months to some cardmembers.  Congrats!!  -Ficonian since Jan 2008

Established Member
Jahmakan

I've had my Discover More since October and have not received an increase yet. Probably because I am not running enough through it monthly? I've never carried a balance.
Super Contributor
DI

Jahmakan wrote:
I've had my Discover More since October and have not received an increase yet. Probably because I am not running enough through it monthly? I've never carried a balance.

I doubt usage is the reason.  I didn't use mines much ans still got the steady CLIs.  If they started you with an initial limit of $4000 or more that could be the culprit. 

New Contributor
way2evil

When did you open your account? I opened mine Jan 9th. Have the same exact card and same limit and no auto cli here. I run alot through the card too. Probably about 700-1200 dollars a month.

annalog

The system does it automatically based on a behavioral scoring model.

Most of the decision is based on your credit score.   Let the system raise your score automatically over time. 

EX=800, EQ=814, TU=946
Established Member
Jahmakan

I started with a $3,000 limit and that is where it remains today.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+