Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Auto CLI

Hello Ficonians,

I have had my Discover Open Road Student Card for about 3 months now. Started with $500 (I know, but still better than nothing,) today I login to their website and my limit was increased to $750. My question is, do they normally do this every 3 months?????

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Ficonians,

I have had my Discover Open Road Student Card for about 3 months now. Started with $500 (I know, but still better than nothing,) today I login to their website and my limit was increased to $750. My question is, do they normally do this every 3 months?????

LOL.  I love the Ficonian name!!   Yes they give CLIs every three months to some cardmembers.  Congrats!!  -Ficonian since Jan 2008

Message 2 of 7
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I've had my Discover More since October and have not received an increase yet. Probably because I am not running enough through it monthly? I've never carried a balance.
Message 3 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Jahmakan wrote:
I've had my Discover More since October and have not received an increase yet. Probably because I am not running enough through it monthly? I've never carried a balance.

I doubt usage is the reason.  I didn't use mines much ans still got the steady CLIs.  If they started you with an initial limit of $4000 or more that could be the culprit. 

Message 4 of 7
way2evil
New Contributor

When did you open your account? I opened mine Jan 9th. Have the same exact card and same limit and no auto cli here. I run alot through the card too. Probably about 700-1200 dollars a month.

Message 5 of 7
annalog

The system does it automatically based on a behavioral scoring model.

Most of the decision is based on your credit score.   Let the system raise your score automatically over time. 

TW=825, CB=819, TU=946
Message 6 of 7
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I started with a $3,000 limit and that is where it remains today.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.