cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover BT: Now that there's the option...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover BT: Now that there's the option...

...to transfer to your account or pay card directly, what would you do? Which would you think would be the quickest?

a) do a transfer to the card you're paying off as it's always been done.

b) do a transfer to your checking.

c) deposit a check they sent in the mail to checking. 

It's another case of analysis paralysis for me. I'm going to transfer to pay off one card and a PLOC. 

I hate being in BT limbo, not knowing what's happening. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover BT: Now that there's the option...

Direct deposit
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:
Direct deposit

What you would do? Or experience and you have some idea of speed? 

Message 3 of 6
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Putting the check into your bank account is the fastest way. It takes a couple of days to clear.

If not given a check, I'd do direct deposit, I think the estimated time is like 10 days.

Bank to card transfer would be my last choice and only if the others weren't available. I imagine that would take a week plus. The only speedy BT from bank to card that I know of is Capital One. Think they get it there in like 3 days.
Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Never did one with Discover, but in my experience, the electronic transfer has been the quickest. The experiences may vary though, depending on the lender.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think putting the check in your bank account would be the quickest.  Since Discover BT's take at least a week, I imagine their BT to checking takes the same time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.