Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover BT Offer

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Discover BT Offer

When I first got my card I was denied a BT and was only given 6 month 0% on purchases...

Now when I check BT on offers section there is always one it says it expires the day I check e.g. 0% for 14 months offer expires 12/7/13

Everytime I login I see this lol it just goes on to the next day.

Is this the normal? Or they make a lot of money on the BT fee?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PNut08
New Contributor

Re: Discover BT Offer

There's pretty much always a BT option on my discover so I guess it's normal. I don't pay enough attention to look at the expiration date.

Message 2 of 4
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Good to have I guess. I check it almost every other day do not know why the expiration date always is that same day I login to check. 

Message 3 of 4
parkman
Regular Contributor

If you really want to do a BT, you're probably better off calling and asking if they have any BT promotions going on (i.e. 0% interest for 15 months.)

If they do have such an offer, you can use this to potentially get a CLI. If you have a card with a higher balance than your limit on your Discover, you can talk to the representative about doing a BT, but that you need a higher limit to transfer all your balance to the Discover card.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.