Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Backdated

tag
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Discover Backdated

New Discover IT opened about 45 days ago.  Reported to all 3 - TU shows no history yet, EX shows 2 months, EQ shows... 51 months!

I did have a Sam's Club card many years back when Discover co-branded with them.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Not that I'm complaining!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Backdated

@CJ7 wrote:

New Discover IT opened about 45 days ago.  Reported to all 3 - TU shows no history yet, EX shows 2 months, EQ shows... 51 months!

I did have a Sam's Club card many years back when Discover co-branded with them.  Has anyone experienced this before?

This is very interesting!  Smiley Surprised

The Sam's Club Discover was issued by Synchrony (then known as GECRB/GE Money Bank) so even that doesn't make sense. 

Since the error seems to be in your favor, I would just say accept your good fortune and carry on!

Message 2 of 9
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

They do errors occasionally, I got a Barclay Rewards that when opened reported as opened in 1968 (I was born in 75 ...), a few months later they adjusted the open date. Smiley Sad

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 3 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow that 1968 would do wonders for my Aaoa! Lol
Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Wow that 1968 would do wonders for my Aaoa! Lol

Lol Barclay tends to list opening date as 1968 or 1969 since they report so fast but when statement cuts so does that date Smiley Wink

Mine showed month I applied and 1969 as the year which caused a scoring increase 

Needless to say I lost that the next month when the account was updated when statement cut Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kutuzov wrote:

They do errors occasionally, I got a Barclay Rewards that when opened reported as opened in 1968 (I was born in 75 ...), a few months later they adjusted the open date. Smiley Sad

Here's to hoping that OP's get adjusted too.

Message 6 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kutuzov wrote:

Here's to hoping that OP's DOESN'T get adjusted too.

FTFY

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@CJ7 wrote:

This is very interesting!  Smiley Surprised

The Sam's Club Discover was issued by Synchrony (then known as GECRB/GE Money Bank) so even that doesn't make sense. 

Since the error seems to be in your favor, I would just say accept your good fortune and carry on!

+1

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kutuzov wrote:

Here's to hoping that OP's get adjusted too.

FTFY

FTFY too

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.