Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Balance Transfer 0% for 12 months

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover Balance Transfer 0% for 12 months

So, I just took advantage of a Balance Transfer option on discover, to transfer a 4k balance from my NFCU account, which was from an unexpected repair of our septic system. 

How many others have this same offer on the table for their Discover accounts? Does it seem like a pretty good deal to you? 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Balance Transfer 0% for 12 months

I've used it a few times over the last couple of months.  Have been transferring my daily spending from CSP to discover with the 0% offer and putting the money into savings while I am going through the house purchase process.  Discover is a hidden TL for me so it works out nicely.

Message 2 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How is your Discover a hidden TL?

FICO 9:

Message 3 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's a good deal.

Personally, I got the 18 month deal and did the transfer. It saved me hundreds of bucks as I still pay down the balance.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

At first I had the 6 month deal showing...  after a week or so, it changed to the 12 month deal...    but I didn't have a lot of available limit on the card.  So I paid it to a zero balance to maximize the capability of the card for the BT.

FICO 9:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I could tell ya... but I'd have to kill ya ;-)  sometimes you luck out

Message 6 of 9
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I could tell ya... but I'd have to kill ya ;-)  sometimes you luck out

Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

All I get is the 6 month with a 5% fee.  lol no thanks.

Are you guys getting offers with no fee?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The 12 month 0 interest came with a 5% fee for me... The only CC I have with no fee BTs is NFCU, which is a great card, and the no balance transfer fees great feature of this card. NFCU Visa also has a great APR of 14% (my lowest).

My fiance's APR is 12% on the Platinum with no balance transfer fees.

In my opinion, a one time BT fee of 5% to carry a balance for 12 months with no interest... I agree that carrying a balance is aweful, but if you must carry a balance, then I don't think this is too bad of a deal.  

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.