Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Balance Transfer Q.

tag
JHorowitz
Established Member

Discover Balance Transfer Q.

So from reading a few threads on here, it looks like after getting your card, it takes about 15 days until there is an offer on your account for a BT? right now it just says "No current BT offers, please call...."

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover Balance Transfer Q.

No, on new accts BTs must be done over the phone with an analyst.
Message 2 of 8
JHorowitz
Established Member

@09Lexie wrote:
No, on new accts BTs must be done over the phone with an analyst.

Awesome, so I can do this today then?

Message 3 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Yes you should be able to super nice customer service. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It won't be processed until the 13th day of account opening, at which point they will SP your CR and may decide to decline it.
Discover is watching you!
I was never able to do a BT online w Discover.
Their Customer Service is seriously some of the best EVER though!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@young

My DH was able to do a BT and he was not SPd prior to it going through. The process was completed within 3 business days.
YEMV
Message 6 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's just what they told me was standard procedure. I confirmed it by seeing the SP on my EQ report. This was when I first opened my account. I believe it is for new accounts.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ young

His account was new as well. No BTs offers available online which prompted the phone call to a CSR. His card arrived the previous Wed, BT that weekend the payment was posted the following Wed to our other cc.

Maybe he slipped through the crack.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.