Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Biz / Amex Inq's

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Discover Biz / Amex Inq's

Some thing I noticed you might want to take advantage of.

Discover Biz card is a soft inquiry and no hard on your personal CR. I applied for it few days ago and now hards. I am not sure which CR they did soft.

Yesterday I could not resist and I applied for cards 5 times on Amex website and there is only one Hard on my EX. Looks like Amex one hard / day.

If you did apply for Delta or some other card, take advantage of the hard and apply for charge card or some other card you have been wanting to apply at Amex.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Biz / Amex Inq's

I agree about "If you did apply for Delta or some other card, take advantage of the hard and apply for charge card or some other card you have been wanting to apply at Amex." but NOT 5 of them.

@Red1Blue wrote:
Some thing I noticed you might want to take advantage of.
Discover Biz card is a soft inquiry and no hard on your personal CR. I applied for it few days ago and now hards. I am not sure which CR they did soft.
Yesterday I could not resist and I applied for cards 5 times on Amex website and there is only one Hard on my EX. Looks like Amex one hard / day.
If you did apply for Delta or some other card, take advantage of the hard and apply for charge card or some other card you have been wanting to apply at Amex.

Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Timothy, I hate to say this, I was having fun and applied. I know for sure cor next 6 months I would not apping so I said why not and went for it. Also when applied for the highend cards amex declined then I tried for charge cards one for my personal and one for my business. If I were to do it again, I would not do it. I have enough cards to last the rest of my life. No more cards ( except Amex Biz card)  at least for the next few years. Now I have to work on getting some of the Derog's and lates removed so I can buy an investment home early next year with good interest rates. Thanks to many of you in this forum for all the help and guidance. 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh- that's better-

I though you were approved for that many.

@Red1Blue wrote:
Hi Timothy, I hate to say this, I was having fun and applied. I know for sure cor next 6 months I would not apping so I said why not and went for it. Also when applied for the highend cards amex declined then I tried for charge cards one for my personal and one for my business. If I were to do it again, I would not do it. I have enough cards to last the rest of my life. No more cards ( except Amex Biz card) at least for the next few years. Now I have to work on getting some of the Derog's and lates removed so I can buy an investment home early next year with good interest rates. Thanks to many of you in this forum for all the help and guidance.

Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I'll be jumping up and down if I am approved for that many cards and probably amex would want a FR. I dont want to deal with that headache. I want one charge/one credit for personal and one charge/one credit for biz. Even then it is too many cards than what I would want. I have 14 Personal and 15 biz cards. I am all set for the rest of my life except for the amex biz card. That is the only one thing I would get in the next 6 months. No more cards........ ( I never thought I would say this word in my life. "No more cards")
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser wrote:
 No more cards........ ( I never thought I would say this word in my life. "No more cards")

OK, everybody, all join in: "I saw the light, I saw the light; No more darkness, no more night..."

Congrats, nice work! You'll have to open up a second business with secretarial services to keep track of everything.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, everybody, all join in: "I saw the light, I saw the light; No more darkness, no more night..."

Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight...Praise the lord I saw the light!  Smiley Happy

I thought I was probably the only person left inna world that remembered that ole song.

Van

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.