Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - Black Friday Price Protection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover - Black Friday Price Protection

So i know discover says that computer parts etc are excluded. So anyone know for sure if laptops work with this program?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover - Black Friday Price Protection

@Anonymous wrote:

So i know discover says that computer parts etc are excluded. So anyone know for sure if laptops work with this program?

Laptops (and desktop systems) should be covered since they aren't "parts".  Be sure to really watch the model numbers closely, though.  Smiley Wink

DoC gives more details (and comparisons) here:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/price-protection-policies-compared-chase-citi-discover-mastercard/

Message 2 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

For anyone buying computer parts, Citi is more flexible. I've received Price Rewinds on a laptop battery and a graphics card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 12
601flyguy
Established Contributor

my 3 claims for laptops were approved the other day

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 4 of 12
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

It is strange that Chase Amazon CC does not provide price protection. Then, it seems that it is better to use Discover with its 5% cashback to shop from Amazon.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 5 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@xenon3030 wrote:

It is strange that Chase Amazon CC does not provide price protection. Then, it seems that it is better to use Discover with its 5% cashback to shop from Amazon.

I suspect since Amazon changes prices so often (sometimes multiple times per day) it's likely by design that the Chase Amazon Visa doesn't offer price protection (which is unfortunate for us).

I agree that for those with Discover it's probably better to use it for holiday shopping at Amazon... that's what I'm doing myself.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Meh.  I was looking at doing a major overhaul of the desktop and throwing some love Discover's way, but perhaps those purchases shall find their way onto another card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i’m Looking to get a chromebook that is on sale at bestbuy for 99$, but at amazon for 159 right now. The question I have is that the BB ad doesn’t have the model number and when you click on the chromebook it shows the higher price they are currrently selling them for - 179. So how do I go about getting the ad that shows the model number so I can submit to discover?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind. It shows as $99 on the website now. I hope the fact that it says “sold out” won’t be an issue.
Message 9 of 12
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Chase AMZ has introduced 20% cashback for Amazon purchases on black-Friday. Therefore, it might be better to use this card for Amazon purchases.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.