Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CC

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CC

Can you have baddies with the more as long as the fico is in the 640ish?

Message 11 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

'Easiest' card probably the IT

I'm in Massachusetts and they only pull EQ.

I think the More card is still easier than IT?  More has fees, IT doesn't in comparison, and generally that leads to tighter underwriting standards for the IT in this case?

Not sure if there's really enough new approval data on the IT as of yet to really see where the underwriting bar is set at, but the More is historically one year revolving history and a 640ish FICO for ballpark guidelines.

You know, thanks for bringing this up. You're right, the More is actually the 'easiest'. The IT is still not in their card lineup if one goes to 'browse for all Discover cards'

You have to do a search to find the app link for the IT. I wonder what the reasoning for that is.

Message 12 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Like any credit card it's a YMMV situation if you get to do a recon. Depends on the age of the baddies and thier severities. Lates, charge offs, judgements etc.

Message 13 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit314 wrote:

Historically yes, my albatross (non-trivial Fed tax lien) was on my record when they sent me a pre-approval back in 2010 or thereabouts.

Other people have reported similar, Discover I think can afford to be a little more generous when it comes to underwriting criteria since they backend the card with their own transactional network and also the more people which have the cards, the more likely merchants will be to pick them up.  My theories anyway on their typical stance.

        
Message 14 of 29
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the info everyone

Message 15 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

You know, thanks for bringing this up. You're right, the More is actually the 'easiest'. The IT is still not in their card lineup if one goes to 'browse for all Discover cards'

You have to do a search to find the app link for the IT. I wonder what the reasoning for that is.

Probably fishing for something, marketing trial or some such, much like Amex did with the Zync.  It has to be intentional as that'd be such an easy thing to see by any QA / website / product team with a pulse Smiley Happy.

Actually what has their marketing strategy been on this?  Haven't seen radio / TV commercials for it and haven't stumbled across any reference to it other than here and similar credit card forums, though admittedly I don't watch a lot of TV nor listen to the radio much.

Pretty much the complete opposite to the Chase Liquid campaign which I keep seeing all over the place even with my limited pop culture habits.

        
Message 16 of 29
sccredit
Valued Contributor

They pulled EQ on mine, I am in CA.

Message 17 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

EQ in MD. They may pull 2 if your file is borderline.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 29
ntx
Regular Contributor

I'm in TX, they pulled EQ for me.

Had BK7 from 2005, no other baddies since, but thin file.

Approved on recon for $1,200 in Aug 2012, EQ 657.

Message 19 of 29
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

For me last Sunday night they pulled EQ (724FICO) & EX (741PLUS). It was an instant approval. I live in NM. Good luck!

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.