Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CL and registering

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

Discover CL and registering

Was approved for Discover card this morning in like two minutes. When I tried to register it said something about technical difficulties and so I called # provided. Lady said I would have to wait till I got my card- That's OK, but was just wondering how some people know their cl right away

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
radiomando
New Contributor

Re: Discover CL and registering

i was registered way before i got my card.  still havent gotten my card actually.  about 2 weeks.

Message 2 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Congrats on the approval!!!!! WTG! Just give Discover CS a call and they will be able to tell you the CL and APR. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

When i got my card, I couldnt register online straight away.  Iwas told that they need to set up the account first and it would take a couple of days.

Message 4 of 9
cortezthekiller
Established Member

I wasn't instant approved.  I got the "pending" note.  When I checked the status online next day.  It said you've been approved and gave me a credit limit.  I had already signed up for online setup when I submitted my application, but it took a couple of days for my access.  I can view account online today...and just got an email that my card has shipped.

TU 660 7/21/11;719 6/14/12
EQ 643 8/4/11; 686 6/22/12
EX 667 12/10/11 (creditor pulled)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get an email from Discover saying your online account is ready.  Then go to the MYDiscover site and punch in the username password you chosen during your application and it will then reveal your CL.

Message 6 of 9
ottergo4
Contributor

Found the check application status link last night, and got kinda anxious when it said "your application is undergoing further processing and you will be notified of a  decision within 30 days" (after it said approved fri. morning). Tried the site again this morning----"you have been approved and your cl is 3500, should receive your card in 5-7 business days (big sigh of relief).        Thanks ficoer's for your input!

Message 7 of 9
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@radiomando wrote:

i was registered way before i got my card.  still havent gotten my card actually.  about 2 weeks.

Call them. I was approved about 3 weeks ago and I got worried when my card never came so I called and was informed that there was some kind of error and that although I was approved a card was never actually ordered. So the CS overnighted me one. The same problem could have occured with your application.

Message 8 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@ottergo4 wrote:

Tried the site again this morning----"you have been approved and your cl is 3500, should receive your card in 5-7 business days (big sigh of relief).        Thanks ficoer's for your input!

Congrats!

Discover is a great company work with.  They were the lender I had the most trouble getting approved for.  But, when I finally was, I think they are world class, at least from my personal experience.

I was pleasantly surprised by their customer service, and would have to say that I feel they are as good if not better than Amex's general CSRs.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.