ilmalc

Discover CLD (AU)

Yesterday my wife received a letter from Discover that they are decreasing her CL from $6200 to $4200. This account is 9 years old and has never been late.

I am an AU on this card, which helped me to get a mortgage and purchase a house (mortgage in my name only, but house in both names). We have both used this card quite a bit recently due to necessary home improvements, and the balance is currently just over $4000. So there is now less than $200 credit. The reason they gave her for the CLD is "no recent mortgage activity"(???).

The good thing is that we are eligible for the $8k tax credit, which I filed for last week. As soon as I get the check we will PIF and CLOSE THE ACCOUNT! Bye bye Discover!

Established Contributor
CreditDrama85

Re: Discover CLD (AU)

i dont blame you. sometimes having peace of mind is better. what are your other cls like? maybe apply for an account to replace this one.
Established Contributor
cobaltnv

I certainly understand your frustration with Discover, but why close the account. Your protest will not bother them one bit, but may have a negative impact on your credit score (either now or 10 years from now). The Discover has no annual fee and you have 9 years a good payment history. Why not keep it open and buy a pack of gum once every 6 months or so.

Do you have a number of accounts older than this 9 year old discover? 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

How many months did you carry a balance over 50% of CL? What is your other util like?

What is the APR on your Discover account?

If you get your UTIL straightened out they might give you a CLI after six months. Or pick up the phone now and explain what is going on and ask for it back now.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}