Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLD

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLD

Anyone else get slapped with a CLD?

I have no lates no baddies, 700+ they took me down from $4000 to $1500.

I think ill just cancel it..... 

I bought all their account protection crap, the credit monitoring crap, and they lower my line....wud up wih dat?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CLD

@minimock wrote:

Anyone else get slapped with a CLD?

I have no lates no baddies, 700+ they took me down from $4000 to $1500.

I think ill just cancel it..... 

I bought all their account protection crap, the credit monitoring crap, and they lower my line....wud up wih dat?

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Do you use the account often?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I put 3 or 4 hundred bucks a month through it.

Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@minimock wrote:

I put 3 or 4 hundred bucks a month through it.

Hmm.....maybe they expect more usage?? Are you going to call in and ask why?? Maybe they can reinstate it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Oh yea, im going to call, but being on the other side of the world, its still a bit early there.

At the very least going to cancell the account coverage and credit tracker. NOW THAT will teach them a lesson LOL (Tongue in Cheek)

Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Oh yea, im going to call, but being on the other side of the world, its still a bit early there.

At the very least going to cancell the account coverage and credit tracker. NOW THAT will teach them a lesson LOL (Tongue in Cheek)

Smiley Very Happy

I think they'll take it back up for you! Fingers crossed!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Ah Discover sucks anyways, you cant use it in the middle east, thats why I signed up for thier internal products to keep the card active, and make some internet purches.

No biggie, I just hate it because of the temp score hit you take.

I think I got that OCP when it comes to credit scores LOL.

Message 7 of 13
MrShush
Valued Contributor

We almost never hear of Discover CLDing people. How bizarre. I wonder what the reason is?
Message 8 of 13
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I called in..... the story is long and I wont bother you with it it, beyond just a few basics for military and government people.

Ive been in the trash can (the middle east) for 5 years...

I went home for two weeks and used the card a bit more then I usually do, because you cant use the Discover card in the minddle east.....

Anyways, I have nothing but good things to say about Discover reps.

They returned my line of credit and appoligized hat I got caught up in the computer matrix of equations that review accounts.

Message 9 of 13
FrugalRican
Blogger

So you got the full line back?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.