Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Discover CLI 6 months/statement question

So I opened my Discover account 4/11/12. I've read that you can request a CLI after 6 months. I had changed my min payment due date from the original 11th (i think) to my  current min due date which is the 3rd every month. So now my statement cuts the 4th, which is tonight.

 

I've chatted online, and they said I can request a CLI tomorrow. Another said I can request it on 10/11/12. Then another said I can request one in November. Now, I see some say they requested after 6 months, other say 6th statement. Even if I wait until 10/11/12, I'll still only have 5 statements generated. I'd have to wait for another month to get the 6th statement.

 

Normally I wouldn't micromanage to this extent but I want to apply for CSP as I am taking a trip abroad and want to purchase the plane ticket with the CSP. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,687
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question


SwiftTone wrote:

So I opened my Discover account 4/11/12. I've read that you can request a CLI after 6 months. I had changed my min payment due date from the original 11th (i think) to my  current min due date which is the 3rd every month. So now my statement cuts the 4th, which is tonight.

 

I've chatted online, and they said I can request a CLI tomorrow. Another said I can request it on 10/11/12. Then another said I can request one in November. Now, I see some say they requested after 6 months, other say 6th statement. Even if I wait until 10/11/12, I'll still only have 5 statements generated. I'd have to wait for another month to get the 6th statement.

 

Normally I wouldn't micromanage to this extent but I want to apply for CSP as I am taking a trip abroad and want to purchase the plane ticket with the CSP. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks


I thought CLI were SP unless you want to get more than what computer offers?

Are you waiting for the Chase app based on another HP showing? isn't Chase EX and Discover EQ?

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question


Creditaddict wrote:

SwiftTone wrote:

So I opened my Discover account 4/11/12. I've read that you can request a CLI after 6 months. I had changed my min payment due date from the original 11th (i think) to my  current min due date which is the 3rd every month. So now my statement cuts the 4th, which is tonight.

 

I've chatted online, and they said I can request a CLI tomorrow. Another said I can request it on 10/11/12. Then another said I can request one in November. Now, I see some say they requested after 6 months, other say 6th statement. Even if I wait until 10/11/12, I'll still only have 5 statements generated. I'd have to wait for another month to get the 6th statement.

 

Normally I wouldn't micromanage to this extent but I want to apply for CSP as I am taking a trip abroad and want to purchase the plane ticket with the CSP. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks


I thought CLI were SP unless you want to get more than what computer offers?

Are you waiting for the Chase app based on another HP showing? isn't Chase EX and Discover EQ?


I don't think my question was clear.

Do they allow customer initiated CLI after the 5th statement which is generated at the 6 months mark, or do they do it at the 6th statement which is generated on the 7th month mark?

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question


SwiftTone wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

SwiftTone wrote:

So I opened my Discover account 4/11/12. I've read that you can request a CLI after 6 months. I had changed my min payment due date from the original 11th (i think) to my  current min due date which is the 3rd every month. So now my statement cuts the 4th, which is tonight.

 

I've chatted online, and they said I can request a CLI tomorrow. Another said I can request it on 10/11/12. Then another said I can request one in November. Now, I see some say they requested after 6 months, other say 6th statement. Even if I wait until 10/11/12, I'll still only have 5 statements generated. I'd have to wait for another month to get the 6th statement.

 

Normally I wouldn't micromanage to this extent but I want to apply for CSP as I am taking a trip abroad and want to purchase the plane ticket with the CSP. So any insight would be appreciated. Thanks


I thought CLI were SP unless you want to get more than what computer offers?

Are you waiting for the Chase app based on another HP showing? isn't Chase EX and Discover EQ?


I don't think my question was clear.

Do they allow customer initiated CLI after the 5th statement which is generated at the 6 months mark, or do they do it at the 6th statement which is generated on the 7th month mark?


Usually Discover gives you auto CLIs within 6 months of opening the account...you can certainly call tho and request an increase if you've already reached your 6th statement!

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Established Contributor
Posts: 766
Registered: ‎01-16-2012
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question

If you click the button too early, you just get a message saying you are not eligible. It doesn't pull anything. So if you click tomorrow and it goes through, it goes through. If it doesn't, try the 11th. If it still doesn't, try 11/1.

 

Or you could wait until 11/1 to see if you get an auto CLI in the interim.

 

But either way, acting too early won't force you to wait longer than you would have any way.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question


Cdnewmanpac wrote:

If you click the button too early, you just get a message saying you are not eligible. It doesn't pull anything. So if you click tomorrow and it goes through, it goes through. If it doesn't, try the 11th. If it still doesn't, try 11/1.

 

Or you could wait until 11/1 to see if you get an auto CLI in the interim.

 

But either way, acting too early won't force you to wait longer than you would have any way.


I have clicked the button too early several times, and each time it has soft pulled my report AND pushed a mid-cycle update to the bureaus.

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 762
Registered: ‎02-17-2011
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question

question: im coming up on my 6th statement.  DO i need to pay my card down? Im at about 50% util and I want a CLI.  what is the best tactic to get a cli with discover?

Amex Delta Gold Skymiles $1000; Amex SPG $2000 Amex PRG NPSL, AMEX BCE 2k, Chase Freedom 3.5K Chase Southwest Premier Plus 16K Chase United Explorer 11K Chase Marriott 11K Chase IHG Club Select WMC 11K, Amazon Visa 3k, United Club Visa 12K, Discover $4K Gap Visa $7.5K; AEO Visa $6K Walmart MasterCard $6K Sam's Club Mastercard $9.5K Barclay's Rewards MC $5.4K Wells Fargo Rewards VISA $3K Barclays AA Silver Aviator MC $8K Venture $15K Venture One $10K Quicksilver Visa Siggy $5K, Total Rewards Visa 3k, Fuel Rewards MC 1k, CITI AA Gold WEMC 7k, Paypal Extras MC 5.6K
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question


texasman07 wrote:

question: im coming up on my 6th statement.  DO i need to pay my card down? Im at about 50% util and I want a CLI.  what is the best tactic to get a cli with discover?



I would pay it down.

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Discover CLI 6 months/statement question

So I just tried today to get the CLI and they're giving me the after the six month speech. They said that I have to wait until the account cycles again AFTER the 6th month.

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.