cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - (After 6 months)

tag
b_turk

Discover CLI - (After 6 months)

It has been 6 months since getting approved for my Discover More card. I started out with a $1000 CL. I've spent in 6 months about $3000 a month. I would make random (large) payments weekly or twice a month. Most of the time leaving a high balance i.e (700/1000) when the statement would cut off. I called 2 days ago for a CLI the auto system over the regular customer service number on the back of the card declined me. I called the recon number right after and asked for a SCA. She looked through my account and asked how much I wanted for an increase, I told her $4000 would be fine and she approved me in 20 seconds. I am going to ask for $10000 in June.

My FICO TU is 670.

1 Year AAOA

2 Year History

16 INQ in the last year

10 Open lines.

Discover More 4000 - Macys 2000 - Chase Slate 1500 - Amazon 2000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI - (After 6 months)

@b_turk wrote:

It has been 6 months since getting approved for my Discover More card. I started out with a $1000 CL. I've spent in 6 months about $3000 a month. I would make random (large) payments weekly or twice a month. Most of the time leaving a high balance i.e (700/1000) when the statement would cut off. I called 2 days ago for a CLI the auto system over the regular customer service number on the back of the card declined me. I called the recon number right after and asked for a SCA. She looked through my account and asked how much I wanted for an increase, I told her $4000 would be fine and she approved me in 20 seconds. I am going to ask for $10000 in June.

My FICO TU is 670.

1 Year AAOA

2 Year History

16 INQ in the last year

10 Open lines.

hmmm i think discover hard pulls on cli though? anyone else? 

congrats though. 

whats your income? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 12
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I did the same thing 1k...to 6.75k, to 7k...to 15k... Now hoping to get to 20k in jan
Message 3 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

To get $20k with Discover, be prepared to prove income. I'm also at $15k and haven't decided if I will bother submitting documentation to get $20k+.

Message 4 of 12
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I thought that's if you ask for more than 25k, also from what I read on this forum discover calls your employer to verify the income.... Does that sound right ???
Message 5 of 12
b_turk

Yes it was a hard pull. Income is 54k. So at $15,000 they didn't want to verify your income? What was the income you told them to get up to 15,000?

Discover More 4000 - Macys 2000 - Chase Slate 1500 - Amazon 2000
Message 6 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

That sounds unusual, the analyst told me I could fax or email documentation but didn't specify if they would also call. She told me $19,500 is the max unless I submit documentation, it is a requirement and no way around it. However do post your experience and I will do the same, if I decide to go for $20k+.

Message 7 of 12
youngman1234
Established Contributor

They can verify my income with my employer... It's over 120k.... They like my usage... I PIF and have charged over 60k this year alone... I currently have 36k worth of lines with BOA...
Message 8 of 12
youngman1234
Established Contributor

What documentation do they want ??? Pay stubs or tax returns or bank statements ??
Message 9 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I don't know, I didn't pursue the CLI because they insisted on TU and I have something reporting that falls off next month so decided not to proceed with the HP. And $60k? Well you should have received an exclusive offer if you're spending is at that level. it's invite only and they will email and mail the details plus you get notice online.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.